English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe if the linesman during the CL final would have seen the kick to the face that Cole got off Ferdinand in the penalty area then you wouldn't be Champions of Europe? ;)

You wouldn't be complaining if it happened to United. Swings and roundabouts. You can't win games of football on if's and but's.

England's midfield selections:

Barry, Lampard, Bullard, Beckham, Cole, Downing, Bentley and Jenas.

Bet Croatia are running scared.:rolleyes:;) Jenas isn't even rated by spurs fans. That first comment was half jokey, he may not be as good technically but well played to Jimmy Bullard, he'll give his all unlike Lampard/Gerrard. The players England need are Scholes (who they'll never get again:D) and Carrick who's injured anyway, but been overlooked in the past.

Barry, Bullard and Cole are the only ones out of those i'd pick in my England team. I'd rather have Hargreaves than Carrick but either way i'd have Gareth Barreth over both of them.

You've gotta watch Carrick week in week out to see what he does. Some people don't notice him, but if you do you'll realise how good he is.

Carrick over Barry any day of the week.

Well obviously because your a manc. You think every England player for Utd is better than any of his rival players. ;)

:p And you've got some strange twisted obsession with Garry;)

The thing is with Barry, people tend to assume he's a holding midfielder, but when he plays for Villa, Reo-Coker does that role, allowing Barry to push forward.

Barry is just one of the many England players who are awesome for their clubs but crap for England. Because like in the case of all England players, there are some other non-English players at the club who do the actual hardwork while they take all the credit.

I found this funny you would know if you wathed newcastle v arsenal this was Nasri v Barton

“Joey came on and got a very good tackle in on Nasri. Then he tripped Joey when he was running back.”

Interestingly, Nasri was one of a crop of highly talented playmakers the Magpies attempted (and failed) to sign during the summer.

The 21-year-old made his way to Ashburton Grove from Olympique Marseille in July and appears to have settled nicely into his role on the flank for Arsene Wenger's side.

Keegan admitted the French international's challenge on Barton was uncharacteristic, insisting he is "too good" to resort to such thuggery.

I should. I don't know how these 4 million pound a year flops don't see our best squad. And if i'm being really honest i'd replace Terry and Ferdinand with Curtis Davies and David Wheater eventually.

evertonfan added 1 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Barry is just one of the many England players who are awesome for their clubs but crap for England. Because like in the case of all England players, there are some other non-English players at the club who do the actual hardwork while they take all the credit.

Gareth Barry hasn't put a foot wrong for England. But I suppose him not scoring hat-tricks and bagging 4 assists per game makes a crap player for you.

Barry and the two Coles have been England's standout performers over the last year. Ashley Cole is just awesome; if he was foreign he'd be touted as the best left back in the world.

City sold to the Arabs.
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/529580-abu-dhabi-seals-deal-for-manchester-city?ln=en

The funniest line is:

"Our goal is very simple – to make Manchester City the biggest club in the Premier League, and to begin with, to finish in the top four this season.”

:D:D:D:D:D

They cheer me up endlessly:D.

Barry's done decent, but Cashley has been nothing special at all when he's played, which hasn't been too much iirc. There's a sense of now people wanting to pick players because they're from less fashionable clubs, almost like PC gone mad.

Last edited:
Now come on Phil, Ashley has been terrific for England. If it wasn't for him and his non-brother over the last year England would be in a worse state than they already are.

Agree about Joe Cole, he's done pretty well, but I can't think of too many great games Ashley has had in the last year.

That's because no one's had any 'great' games for England for ages. Ashley hasn't had any standout performances, but he's been consistantly good. He's always been bombing forward and defending very well. Along with Cole and Rooney he's England's best player imo. As much as we despise him off the field, he's one of the few England players who still shows a but of passion these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread