English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do agree with him actually. As much as I like to ridicule City it's an undeniable fact that they now have more money than anyone in the world. Money talks and it would be an utter fool who takes them lightly.

As I said, we dealt with the challenge from Chelski and we'll do the same with City.

Well, they won the title in 2 successive seasons so I wouldn't say that was dealing with them

Last edited:
Are the England fans singing, we hate setanta? Don't see why we can't play Wallcott up front just because Arsenal don't, think he would work well with Rooney

I'm not complaining lol don't worry.

I'm only really bothering to post because I want to see my avvie again.

Oh so that's what they were singing! I thought they were singing "We hate the scouser" in reference to Carragher. The Setanta song makes more sense.

Joe Cole is by far England's best player. Why he's started the last two games on the bench i'll never know. Glen Johnson was class as well. Wes Brown's done very well, but i'd pick Johnson in place of him to be honest. He's far more attacking minded and imo, Johnson and Cole are the two best English attacking full backs there is.

Lescott got an assist as well. :D

Last edited:
Another classic England performance, glad it was on Setanta and I didn't pay to watch it. England are woeful, even Capello's got no clue about the best team to play, he's just picking the same team that Sven picked.

At least he's put Walcott on the right so we have some width and not David Beckham and Lampard lobbing the ball 50 yards up the pitch and 20 yards too far for Owen. Shame Walcott can't cross for pies though

Just need to get Heskey, Owen, Beckham, Downing, Robinson and Defoe out of the squad now. The only good things that Capello's done so far are giving Walcott and Johnson a go, apart from that we've got the exact same team out that McClaren and even Sven before him put out. We'd have been better off sticking with Sven tbh. We need someone in who's going to give the team some impotus and stop us from playing the dull, boring football that we've been playing in the passed few years. We need the likes of Young, Agbonlahor, Bentley, Ashton, Bullard etc in the team to bring back some exuberance and some passion into the team, because frankly the overpaid prima donna's that we've got in the team atm aren't good enough.

I didn't think Owen was in the squad :p Anyway there are pretty much only 3 places really secured which are the 2 centre backs and left back. I would go for Brown at right back, Johnson is quick and stuff but he can't cross it. He would work well with Beckham but when you have Walcott who doesn't exactly have the best cross it doesn't work. Yound and Cole should be on the wings, Hargreaves and Barry/Carrick in the centre. Although if it was me I would hold a gun to Scholes head and ask him to come back :D Up front I would go with Rooney and Walcott though. Players who can make something out of nothing.

Joe Hart/David James

Glen Johnson
Ashley Cole
John Terry
Rio Ferdinand

Gareth Barry
Steven Gerrard
Ashley Young
Joe Cole

Wayne Rooney
Gabriel Agbonlahor

That'd be my team. Capello doesn't seem to want to pick actual talented youngsters in the first XI though, just relying on the players left by McClaren. Gabi Agbonlahor's one of the few properly exciting talents in the Premier League. He's got tremendous pace, is decent with both feet, good in the air, he's got experience with the England Under-21's and has been in great scoring form for Villa this year, get him in, better than Michael Owen.

It was actually the worst looking England line up in a long time though.

James

Johnson
Braveheart
Rio
Cole

Downing :eek:
Barry
Lampard
Walcott

Defoe
Rooney

Not all that impressive.

Cracking set up by Rooney for goal number 2, but of course he never does it for England and so should be replaced by Heskey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread