English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cracking set up by Rooney for goal number 2, but of course he never does it for England and so should be replaced by Heskey.

Whilst i'm not one of these people who are calling for Rooney to be dropped, the man has only scored 2 competetive goals since Euro 2004 and no matter how many assists you add on to that, it's not good enough for a striker to be honest so you can understand if he was to be dropped.

That's the problem with English football. Even though Rooney is in horrendous International form, he's still our best pick by the default of 'Who's gonna do any better?'

The same goes with James, Lampard, Gerrard and the other striker

Very true. Crouch has come from the circus and the only striker that has possibly done better in the last two years is Owen and he can't be relied upon.

A quick word about Soccer Aid 2008. Around the 87th minute, Jonathon Wilkes (I think that's who it was), the England captain for the night, was seen shouting and clapping his hands at the players and the look on his face! It could've been a World Cup final! A celebrity player in a charity match just displayed more passion, commitment and pride in the shirt than the entire excuse for a team that we call England.

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Who's smart arse idea was it to show England internationals on Setanta? Anyway, I'm positively Fabregasmic

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4107011,00.html

I agree, it's ridiculous that people have to pay a fee to watch England matches, whether they're on Sky or Setanta. I thought England was the national team? So why isn't it on national TV?

It was actually the worst looking England line up in a long time though.

James

Johnson
Braveheart
Rio
Cole

Downing :eek:
Barry
Lampard
Walcott

Defoe
Rooney

Not all that impressive.

Cracking set up by Rooney for goal number 2, but of course he never does it for England and so should be replaced by Heskey.

To be fair to Downing, he's been in cracking form for Middlesborough this season. He's a decent free-kick taker, and is great at getting down the wing and getting a cross in. He should never be in the first team ahead of Joe Cole though.

Also, how Jermaine Defoe still gets in the England team is beyond me. He's got a woeful international record, even Crouchinho has a better international record. I've never been impressed by Jermaine Defoe in and England shirt, and I'm massively surprised that he still gets in the squad.

I laughed when Liverpool wanted him, Downing is nowhere near European/International standard.

Agree about Defoe though.

I'd seriously give Agbonlahor a shout up-front. Like the look of the lad. Wednesday night, is huge!

I'd seriously give Agbonlahor a shout up-front. Like the look of the lad. Wednesday night, is huge!

I wouldn't be displeased to see some of the lads from the U21 squad in the England squad for Wednesday night.

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

That's the problem with English football. Even though Rooney is in horrendous International form, he's still our best pick by the default of 'Who's gonna do any better?'

The same goes with James, Lampard, Gerrard and the other striker

Part of the problem is Rooney is either being played up front, or on the wing. Neither position is his best, he is a link man who plays at his best in the hole just behind the front two or frontman. Same for Gerrard, he should be played in central midfield, yet Capello insists on playing him wide! I'm getting concerned about Capello, fancy not having Joe Cole as a cast iron 100% starter for Wednesday night! He's our only current match-winner!

I don't know about you guys, but I think the FA are right out of order letting Setanta hog all the rights to tonight's game, including highlights! At least with Sky, you always get MoTD on BBC1, but with Setanta, nothing! Terrestrial TV should, at the very least, be allowed to show a complete re-run of the game later on at night, but not even highlights now? I thought England were our 'national' team?

I was going round my mate's to watch the game tonight, but I've picked up a real doozy of a head-cold, so can't go. Which means I'm stuck with 5Live, if I want to keep up with the game!

How awesome were we? :D Walcott was quality, deserves all the headlines. Rooney was fantastic and so were the 2 full backs. Everyone played well though. We mustn't change this side unless there's injurys.

Rooney was immense tonight and it just shows that he should really play as a midfielder for England as that's where he bossed the game. I can't believe Lampard's goal got disallowed for nothing and then Terry gets booted in the face and Croatia get away with it. Not so much we wos robbed, but more like we should have won 5-0 you tit of a ref.

I don't know about you guys, but I think the FA are right out of order letting Setanta hog all the rights to tonight's game, including highlights! At least with Sky, you always get MoTD on BBC1, but with Setanta, nothing! Terrestrial TV should, at the very least, be allowed to show a complete re-run of the game later on at night, but not even highlights now? I thought England were our 'national' team?

I was going round my mate's to watch the game tonight, but I've picked up a real doozy of a head-cold, so can't go. Which means I'm stuck with 5Live, if I want to keep up with the game!
Between 10:45pm tonight and 12:30pm tomorrow you can watch the highlights on Setanta Sports 1 for free.

Good performance, considering! :)

We were rubbish, should have been more :p

Expects The Sun newspaper to go with something like "Three-o Walcott" as the headline, but then massive praises for England in the main article, speculating how they can win the World Cup and go unbeaten in the qualifiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread