English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How bloody good is Heurelio (or however you spell it) Gomes! The Ramos Revolution is in full stride. 4th place is practically theirs.

I'd say a race between them and city for 2nd place, after the dippers wrapped up the title at the weekend. United, Chelsea and Arsenal are out of it.:(

Nope, even City and Spud fans realise that 1st and 2nd will always go to United and Chelkovskibovskii but Arsenal and Liverpool will wither at the might of the 2 massive footballing entities that are Arab City and Tottenham Hotspuds who will finish 3rd and 3.5th respectively since they are both undergoing incredibly successful revolutions that allow them to totally pwn.

Eventually, these monopolistic factions will eventually create an authoritarian rule over the rest of the premiership meaning calamitous effects for the lesser teams. Of course, Arsenal and United have nothing to worry about as they'll already have been relegated to the Championship since there's only one team in Manchester and North London.

sarcasmmeterca8.jpg

I can see nothing but the ruin of the Premiership from all these foreign owners who just want to line their pockets!

My internet was off last night so I didn't get the chance to say this;

LMAO ROFL LMAO LOLZ!!! Spurs are crap. No one likes Spurs. What a joke of a club. They're nearly as bad as City.

I can see nothing but the ruin of the Premiership from all these foreign owners who just want to line their pockets!

It's not had a bad effect so far, United would be walking the title year in year out if it wasn't for the improved finance of Chelsea. It's making teams feel like they have to step up and get finance in order to compete. A team like Arsenal who were seen as the major player in the league a couple of years ago are struggling to sign big players, and need some finance. I think it's had a great effect on the league and made the English League dominant in Europe. The proof of this being that there's been an English club in the final of the Champions League in the past 4-5 seasons iirc.

United fans can't exactly moan about foreign investment either, what with the Glazers being the main financial backers of United.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you're only an English club if you're owned by an Englishman :)

United fans can't exactly moan about foreign investment either, what with the Glazers being the main financial backers of United.
Where shall I start?:noway

The Glazers have hardly put any of their money into United, they have plunged us from being the richest club in the world, into 700 millions of pounds of debt. The money we have used is borrowed by the banks and paid for by dramatically rising ticket prices, and the Automatic Cup Scheme. Since he tookover, I think the net spend is about 10 or 15 million. Not so big when you consider we'll have got a load of prize money for twice winning the premiership and winning the champions league.

Completely different situation, get your facts right!

It's not had a bad effect so far, United would be walking the title year in year out if it wasn't for the improved finance of Chelsea. It's making teams feel like they have to step up and get finance in order to compete. A team like Arsenal who were seen as the major player in the league a couple of years ago are struggling to sign big players, and need some finance. I think it's had a great effect on the league and made the English League dominant in Europe. The proof of this being that there's been an English club in the final of the Champions League in the past 4-5 seasons iirc.

Backers?????? Phil123, how much debt are we in now? I can't remember the figure that we've been given by our lovely 'backers'. They're probably Liverpool fans!! Remember, we won the double last year despite the Glaziers, not because of them! Foreign backers will ruin football! They'll price ordinary fans out of the game and every stadium will be full of the 'prawn sandwich brigade'.

Edit: Just read your post, Phil. 700m in debt!!!! It's getting worse by the day, how are we ever going to be free of debt thanks to these damn Glaziers! They'll be the ruin of a great club! Why couldn't they have buggered off and bought City??? I dislike the Glaziers more than Peter Kenyon and he betrayed us by running off to Chelski!

MasterBlaster76 added 4 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you're only an English club if you're owned by an Englishman :)

Arsenal will be picked up by someone sooner or later, they were being looked at by the Abu Dhabi group, weren't they??

Last edited:
AIG, down down deeper and down. 42% of its value already gone today.

Yep, 700 and I think thats being optimistic MB, pretty sure it's quite a bit more.

They were being looked at by Usmanov, think he's Russian isn't he? An English club is one from England.

Last edited:
Aye, the kits would look class without a sponsor on though! Never gonna happen like but oh well.

I never liked 'AIG' anyway. When I first saw it, I thought it made the kit look like a non-league shirt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread