English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh, and that useless Brazilian who won't be able to adapt his game to the Premier League and run back to Spain once he's clattered a few times, Robinho's scored 2 in 2. Definite relegation material.

Right, beating an off-form Portsmouth side at home means they'll run away with the league.

City are crap. They can win the quadruple but they will still be the biggest laughing stock in the world.

I never said that. I was just making a snide remark aimed at the people who still expected City to struggle and maintain lower table mediocrity until January. Portsmouth have one of the best defences in the league, with Johnson, Campbell and Distin quality defenders. It's not like they've smashed a hopeless promoted team, they've smashed a quality side.

I don't actually remember the last time City finished in the lower half tbh. They still won't finish 6th or above. At least Tottenham drew at home :)

They were 4th in December last year and all their fans started getting delerious and believing they were gonna be in the CL and they finished 9th and only qualified for the UEFA cup through being the 3rd/4th most well behaved team in the league. City are bottleres; when push comes to shove they always end up getting shoved; this bright start will soon fizzle out.

It finished with a 6-0 hammering at the hands of Chelsea. It was hilarious. I actually didn't mind City back then. Time to watch the ryder cup

Decent point today, would have been nice to take their unbeaten record, but I'm pleased that its shoved down virtually every pundits faces as they all saw no hope in us.

Riley was abysmal, worse than Wiley last week even (stoke vs everton game), a couple of those bookings were deserved, but off the top of my head, Berbatov's, Ferdinand's, Ronaldo's and Scholes' weren't. Joe Cole goes into a tackle similar to that which has been given as a yellow card for United, and nothing gets given. Shocking.

Oh well, yeah Tevez should have come on instead of O'Shea but never mind, win our game against Fulham and we are 3 points behind.

As for those people getting giddy about Ciddy, you'd be good city fans. Scoring for fun? They scored once against Chelsea, and twice against some crap Cypriot team in their last two games. I don't think I used the term lower table mediocrity, my point was that they won't get into the Champions League and will be lucky to get a UEFA cup spot. If that's a top quality defence, then I hate to think how good Rio or Carvalho are. Portsmouth are off-form, Ciddy had a good day. Mark my words, they won't be in the top 4 come January. We'll see about Robinho as well.

You'd probably be making a similar point if Robbie Keane scored against Stoke yesterday, which says it all.

Decent point today, would have been nice to take their unbeaten record, but I'm pleased that its shoved down virtually every pundits faces as they all saw no hope in us.

Riley was abysmal, worse than Wiley last week even (stoke vs everton game), a couple of those bookings were deserved, but off the top of my head, Berbatov's, Ferdinand's, Ronaldo's and Scholes' weren't. Joe Cole goes into a tackle similar to that which has been given as a yellow card for United, and nothing gets given. Shocking.

Oh well, yeah Tevez should have come on instead of O'Shea but never mind, win our game against Fulham and we are 3 points behind.

As for those people getting giddy about Ciddy, you'd be good city fans. Scoring for fun? They scored once against Chelsea, and twice against some crap Cypriot team in their last two games. I don't think I used the term lower table mediocrity, my point was that they won't get into the Champions League and will be lucky to get a UEFA cup spot. If that's a top quality defence, then I hate to think how good Rio or Carvalho are. Portsmouth are off-form, Ciddy had a good day. Mark my words, they won't be in the top 4 come January. We'll see about Robinho as well.

You'd probably be making a similar point if Robbie Keane scored against Stoke yesterday, which says it all.

In the match, they scored for fun.

Fair point, but the phrase usually means for at least more than one match.

How lazy does Berbatov look?;) It's his style of play I guess, and he'll go on to be a quality player for us, Fergie just needs to put a bit of a rocket up his arse. Still, no one can judge him on our two hardest aways of the season and he's set up our 2 goals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread