English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the renters were giving it Munich this and Munich that at half time on Sunday. Not only sick, but pretty small time when you consider we're not their rivals. Also when you consider they lost a very important person for them through a helicopter crash (not that many of them would know who he was).

Meh, I don't know why any idiot would use an aircrash as an insult.

And I suppose you think that van der Vaart, Gilardino and Deco won't be for your clubs? :rolleyes:

All three have done well by the way. Gilardino's two headers against Lyon were better than any of the goals he ever scored for Milan.

I know Berbatov is a quality player, but I have a feeling, although he is exactly what United needed, he wont quite make the cut. He proved himself at Spurs, yes, but he hardly set the Bundesliga on fire before that with Leverkusen. He was rubbish in the CL final of 2002.

2 assists, 2 games v 2 of the best sides in the league will do for me so far.

Looks like Arsenal have been awesome tonight, really glad we haven't had to go to extra time too. Manucho came on tonight too! Apparently he had a broken foot but this lad could be exactly what we need when plan A's not working.

Leicester Fox added 35 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

Sounds like Possebons injury was really serious though, hopefully he's ok. Anyone know if highlights of the games are on today?

I know Berbatov is a quality player, but I have a feeling, although he is exactly what United needed, he wont quite make the cut.
So he's a quality player, he's proved himself in the premiership and he's exactly what United need, yet its still not a good buy?

Thought Manucho did well tonight when he came on, quick and tall so he adds something new. Good win anyway, we were presented with 2 of the goals, but oh well, by far the better team. Really impressed by Rafael, he'll be our first choice right back in a year or two. Possebon was a class above before his injury as well. Nani didn't play too well (obviously he got the goal at the end...). 3-1 was pretty flattering for them really.

Pogatetz tackling was shocking btw, two footed in the air on Possebon, then complained about getting sent off. Why should the media get involved though, it happened to a United player and not to the most natural goalscorer to grace this planet so no need.

Last edited:
Well good news is Possebon hasn't broke his leg, possible knee ligament damage though.
Pogatetz deserves way more than 3 matches banned.

Reckon Southgate pushed him to apologise. Say what you want, Southgate is a good bloke.

As for Newcastle - Tottenham, this has been one of the most boring games of the season.

To be fair to Southgate, he did seem apologetic himself and Fergie praised him for saying sorry after the match. I've said before about my dislike of Middlesbrough though, joke of a football club.

Think Chelsea have made a little bit of a joke of Man Citys total football against a top team at the weekend :D Brighton have been more of a challenge lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread