English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crouch called up and Owen left out. It's confirmed, Capello doesn't like small people.;)

How Stewart Downing is consistently in the England squad is beyond me.

About the only thing he can consistently do.

Sureshot added 2 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Matty Taylor has a fantastic ability to strike the ball clean & hard. Another abysmal showing from Tottenham, then again, if you sell your best players and don't replace them, that will happen. Ramos should've been sacked long ago, if the sales were his choice.

Crouch called up and Owen left out. It's confirmed, Capello doesn't like small people.;)

How Stewart Downing is consistently in the England squad is beyond me.

I think Capello is really missing a trick not picking Owen. And Crouch scores one wonder goal and, hey presto! He gets picked for England. He isn't international class!

Peter Crouch's scoring record for England speaks for itself. You can question whether or not he should be in the team all you like, but when he puts that white shirt on he scores goals.

Peter Crouch's scoring record for England speaks for itself. You can question whether or not he should be in the team all you like, but when he puts that white shirt on he scores goals.

... and Owen doesn't?

He's still on for the record isn't he?

(Can't think which record it is, but someone will help me out)

Yeah I know Owen's record is great but I was defending Crouch not Owen. Owen doesn't need defending, everyone knows how good he is.

That's actually true. But you know that he is average at best. Its just about scoring goals, but making the difference in the big matches and the big moments.

I dont think too many coaches and defences will be worried about Crouch.

Against who? Jamaica and teams like that. Play him against a big team, he gets found out big time.

Against who? Jamaica and teams like that. Play him against a big team, he gets found out big time.

Look i'm not in favour of the Crouch selection either, but he scores goals for England and that's something that our other strikers just don't do.

I'm usually a pretty big critic of Lampard, but he is the man in possession after the Croatia game, and his performance yesterday against a very decent side was outstanding. Gotta be him over Gerrard for this one.

Lampard's pretty much been the best Englishman this season. His form has been sensational.

Can't leave Stevie G out though tbh. Gerrard's one of the best players in the world, and even if Lampard is in possession or in good form I'd still have Gerrard. Gerrard's just got that knack to pull something special out of the bag when most needed. He's creates chances, he scores goals, and lifts the team. Ideally we'd like both Lampard and Gerrard in the side, but until they learn to play together that's not going to happen. City should buy the both of them tbh, so they HAVE to play together regularly.

Lampard is playing better than Gerrard at the moment though, by all means have Gerrard on the bench if things aren't going well. Look at the amount of times McClaren, Sven and other England managers were slated for not picking players on form.

Didn't Gerrard just get player of the month lol?

and?

So England play well for the first time in years and you're saying we either drop one of the best performers or change the system that worked around.

and I'm sure Gerrard has won player of the month on many occasions before but that doesn't mean he plays well for England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread