English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good result in the end for England, although the first half was nothing to write home about. A nice brace for Rooney, I am not surprised, I said that he'd start to score freely after breaking his international goal drought in Zagreb.

Chelsea's defender injury crisis worsens John terry and Ashley cole out.

Thank christ Cashley's out of the England game. We'll have to settle for Wayne 'Match Fit' Bridge, ahead of Baines who's been inspired in the last few games or even Stephen Warnock.

I'm glad i'm not the only one who's noticed how class Baines has been lately. And given that everyone else in our team bar Jagielka (who should have been picked instead of Lescott and Upson) has been awful, Baines' performances are even more impressive.

And I don't know about Bridge; maybe he'll put Lescott on the left. I hope to God he doesn't though because he's just not a natural left-back. He can do a good job there but he's a centre back.

Bridge has major positioning issues. I like Baines, good young player. I'd give him a go on Wednesday.

Don't get me wrong, I think Bridge is a good player. But he never plays in the Premiership, there is no justification in his selection continually if he doesn't play first team football at a high enough standard, and he doesn't get either. Whereas Baines is playing week in, week out, in the Premiership and turning in performances worthy of selection. The most promising sign of that is that he's managing performances like that in a struggling side.

We're going to have to be taken over sooner or later, but I'm glad we're fighting against it for as long as possible.

Don't get me wrong, I think Bridge is a good player. But he never plays in the Premiership, there is no justification in his selection continually if he doesn't play first team football at a high enough standard, and he doesn't get either. Whereas Baines is playing week in, week out, in the Premiership and turning in performances worthy of selection. The most promising sign of that is that he's managing performances like that in a struggling side.

Baines actually isn't playing week in week out, well he wasn't. Lescott started the season on the left, and it's only in the past 2-3 games that Baines has actually started to play. Then even though it's been Lescott who's been playing like a muppet, it's Yobo who gets dropped. Clearly Phil Jagielka's a legend, not only being one of Everton's few decent players this season but he's also got immense hair. Having the same style as Jagielka ftw <3

Phil_Jagielka_727674.jpg

Jagielka for England.

Not a fan of Italian football, but cant deny completely with this article. In short, Sky are just smart.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=910894
That's hardly an article, it is just a very jealous person on an attack. Sky claim the Premier League is the best league in the world for one reason - because it is. There is absolutely not a shadow of a doubt about it. Italian football is miles behind.

What the hell would Joe Calzaghe do about it, he punches like a woman.

Anyway, Belarus tomorrow, can England make it 4 wins out of 4. Some friendlys and then it's April fools day they're back in action which is apt :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread