English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Utd move smoothly into fourth, we're beginning to go through the gears now. The teams above us better watch out, with Rooney in this sort of form, we're extremely dangerous!

Message to Real about Tevez: Get lost! We are not your damn feeder club! First Ronaldo and now Tevez.

There are 19 teams in the Prem other than Man United and, believe it or not, they have their own fans who want to watch them.

There are 19 teams in the Prem other than Man United and, believe it or not, they have their own fans who want to watch them.

I know that, just saying that Utd are really beginning to roll; I didn't say anything about telling people to only watch Utd play, did I? I just told the teams above us to watch out! And before anyone starts about Chelski, do you really think they'll be able to keep that up forever? They'll have their blip and we'll be waiting.

I know that, just saying that Utd are really beginning to roll; I didn't say anything about telling people to only watch Utd play, did I? I just told the teams above us to watch out!

He was referring to Phil's spiteful comments about Villa and Portsmouth.

MasterBlaster76 said:
And before anyone starts about Chelski, do you really think they'll be able to keep that up forever? They'll have their blip and we'll be waiting.

How can you be so one eyed? You'll easily suggest that Chelsea are going to have a massive blip in form but if anyone were to suggest the same thing about United it would be deemed improbable.

Both teams are playing good football. Just appreciate that.

Chelsea won 5-0 with 7 almost certain First Teamer's out against a decent Middlesborough team. If they can do that now there's no reason why they won't be able to sustain it. Liverpool are also, as much as I hate to admit it, showing Title winning form, winning matches that they should draw/lose. I can tell it's going to be a reallly good season this season, I'm still going to go for Man Utd for the title though. They've got so much depth in strength, and for a team to be able to rest guys like Tevez, Giggs, etc shows their quality. It's going to be close though.

Credit to Chelsea, they did it last season too. With injuries that is. Malouda's still poor. So's Kalou

Haha, no they weren't spiteful, the thread is brilliant if you read it through:D. No one is having a go at Villa or Pompey, or their fans, its more at Sky, for picking such a meaningless match (at the time, neither side were in a shout for anything, not even the Uefa Cup.)

It's not always about it being a meaningful match though Phil; Sky broadcasts football games so that fans of the teams who are playing can watch the match from the comfort of their living room because not everyone can get to the stadium to watch the match these days.

Going by your logic, there might as well be no televised matches until March because every game is meaningless until then.

Stoke-Spurs today. Sky's job is to give the football fans as many oppurtunities to see their team in action. Not everybody in England supports one of the top 4. Games like Pompey-Villa are actually fairly big games anyway, they're both in the battle for 5th place, and trying to improve enough to break into the top 4. And what with Ticket Prices being what they are it can be far cheaper for someone to catch the 3-4 times that their team is on during the season than having to spend out the money for tickets, travel, food etc.

Blimey, should have put my tin-hat on.

Stoke-Spurs good fixture, both near relegation zone, Stoke being there would have been predictable. And Dan, you obviously didn't read my post, at the time, neither were fighting for 5th spot, there wouldn't have been any problem showing it last April when both sides were looking to get into Europe, but it was the April before.

I'm not saying this because of any United bias, it would have been fine had it of been between two teams scrapping for relegation.

Then Sky call that game "Super Sunday":D. To be honest, the thread is just a lighthearted look at Sky sometimes, bigging up a game that means nothing, to be the biggest game ever (see Mitchell and Webb's sketch). Some of the posts on there are class!

SSN have just announced that the commemorative DVD will be available later this week at special midnight parties in portsmouth and birmingham.

Having investigated further it seems that it'll be as part of a box set together with 101 great Kevin Davies challenges and The Best of Anders Limpar, digitally re-mastered with new commentary by Morgan Freeman and behind the scenes out-takes.
:D

Lmao, everyone hates Spurs. They completely deserve this awful start.

And Lol at Fuller hitting the post twice just like Richardson yesterday. I think it should be worth 2 goals for hitting both posts tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread