English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scratch that. Worst result of the season was Hull beating us at home!

Still, would have preferred a Chelsea thrashing.

Hull will finish mid-table I think. Yeah, Liverpool probably will be out of it by March, but we have got to take them seriously, they've beaten the best two sides in the country, and won at Goodison and the council house too. Thats why I'm annoyed about today, I'd rather Chelsea won the league 5 times in a row than Liverpool winning it once.

EDIT: Agree Joe, 7 points we've lost this season after scoring early in tricky away games then allowing the other team to get on top.

The same thing happened after we won the CL last time; the next season, the hunger just didn't seem to be there anymore.

Ronaldo celebrated against Bolton just like last year, and against Boro, I don't think there's too much wrong in that department. The only thing I've been annoyed at is how in the last three games, (two of which he has been substituted in) he didn't clap the fans when leaving the pitch. He's an absolute nob of a person, no doubt about that and is jealous because Rooney is getting all the limelight, and the fans aren't generally singing Viva Ronaldo. He's fine with actually being at United.

He'll be off next summer anyway, I'd imagine a deal is already in place, both parties have said they will say the transfer won't go ahead, then next summer it will be done out of the blue, without too much talk in the media.

Liverpool were brilliant in defence today and deserved the win. Chelsea have now been brought back down to earth and they can't sit on their 4 year 8 month unbeaten home league run any more either. Good result. As a neutral it would be nice to see someone other than Man Utd and Chelsea going for the title.

Ronaldo celebrated against Bolton just like last year, and against Boro, I don't think there's too much wrong in that department. The only thing I've been annoyed at is how in the last three games, (two of which he has been substituted in) he didn't clap the fans when leaving the pitch. He's an absolute nob of a person, no doubt about that and is jealous because Rooney is getting all the limelight, and the fans aren't generally singing Viva Ronaldo. He's fine with actually being at United.

He'll be off next summer anyway, I'd imagine a deal is already in place, both parties have said they will say the transfer won't go ahead, then next summer it will be done out of the blue, without too much talk in the media.

I think Rooney is really beginning to hit his straps now and getting much more mature as a player. We must continue to play him in the middle, as should England.

About Ronaldo; I wouldn't read too much into the lack of celebrating. We've all played Sunday League football and we've all scored goals. You don't always have to celebrate like a madman. Just look at Berbatov. He rarely does more than let out a wry smile when he scores.

Anyway credit where credit's due, Liverpool were great today. Alonso, Mascherano and Gerrard marked Lampard and Deco out of the game and Carragher and Agger just made Anelka invisible. Well done to them.

fair play to liverpool...they played superbly and rafa got the tactics spot on...last few games they didn't play that well but still got the results, chelsea didn't play that well today and lost...just shows the difference

Yes, he definitely proved that at Goodison yesterday......

Let's not start that again Dan; we've all settled down now.

evertonfan added 0 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

As a player Rooney has matured but he is still very much immature as a person.

You can't really say he's an immature person; you've never met the man!

That's the same as the United fans calling Ronaldo a 'nob' of a person. It's just based on what you can see on the football field, which in both cases I would say Phil and Lee are absolutely right.

You can't really say he's an immature person; you've never met the man!
You don't always need to meet someone personally to see what they are like, not when they are such a public figure. Rooney always throws a tantrum when he is penalised, there was the whole 'spitting' affair and he did that yesterday.

As a player Rooney has matured but he is still very much immature as a person.

Can't say anything about his maturity as a person as I've never met the guy, but as a player, he's getting a lot more rounded and he works his butt off for the team, whether it's United or England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread