English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of players throw tantrums when they're penalised, Rooney seems to get picked up on it more than the rest for some reason.

Rooney wasn't charged over the spitting affair, so I wouldn't say that works as evidence.

As for yesterday, as said already, I have my views, but probably best to not go back into that debate.

I love you United fans. Moaning about him because he's not celebrating as much as last year, brilliant. He's pledged his future to United in Marca, the popular Spanish newspaper, saying that his heart is in Manchester. Roman Calderon has also stated that they've given up on Ronaldo, i'm guessing they're going to go for someone like Navas from Sevilla, I'm sure M_Vaughan will correct me if I'm wrong. I'm sure you'll change your tune when Ronaldo's banging in the goals in a month or so, he's only just come back from injury, and wanting to sell a player because he's not celebrating as much as the year before is hilarious.

That is true. We have been eyeing Navas (and Capel) for a while, both excellent players who can add more pace to our attack. They'll cost us a lot though, and Sevilla dont like selling to us unless the price is way over the top, like was in the case of Ramos and Baptista.

As far as today's game between Chelsea and Liverpool is concerned, I think its fair to say Liverpool deserved the win. Not the best way to score, but you'll take it. Shame to see Chelsea's super-duper-awesome run at home come to an end, but atleast its to a quality side, who, as far I am concerned, are SERIOUS serious title contenders this season. Its funny because I've been saying they finally are capable of winning the league for the past two seasons, but they ended up well short in both occasions. I finally got fed up and said before this season, they'll mess up again this year, but looks like they have finally got the right balance and right team, and more important the right results on a regular basis.

Expect the title race to be a three way battle now, between Liverpool, Chelsea, and Manure. Oh and just to make Will happy, I'll put Arsenal in there as well.;)

You're blatantly forgetting Hull!

What exactly is this Rooney spitting affair? I don't seem to remember it.

I'd just like to clarify that I was being sarcastic as anyone who regards Hull as serious title contenders are inbred.

What exactly is this Rooney spitting affair? I don't seem to remember it.

Same here, who did Rooney spit at?
In the off-season Rooney was accused of spitting at a photographer. He wasn't charged, but there was obviously a reason for the accusation in the first place.

skater added 0 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

On the inbred point, I had to laugh when Alan Smith said that Liverpool have "an inbred discipline in their team".:D Didn't need sherlock to work that one out Alan.;)
I noticed that. Couldn't help but laugh.

I have no problem with him spiting at a photographer. I'd do a bit more than that tbh.

I have no problem with him spiting at a photographer. I'd do a bit more than that tbh.
Spitting is a disgusting thing to do. It's why I don't like Diouf. It should never be condoned. I can imagine that Rooney was fed up being followed by the press on a night out, but what does he expect? He is a famous international footballer!

Spitting at fans is disgraceful, but any form of assault, spitting or rape of a photographer is perfectly fine and should be legalized imo.

Spitting at fans is disgraceful, but any form of assault, spitting or rape of a photographer is perfectly fine and should be legalized imo.
It comes with the job. All celebrities, sportsmen, etc. are followed by the press who will make a lot of money out of exposing someone of something. Rooney could have dealth with it in a much better way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread