English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robinho is a disgrace to any football club. An absolute disgrace.
Why? Because he left people who paid him alot of money to join another club who paid him more money? Anelka has made a career out of it. Players like that may not be fan favourites always but they go out there get the job done then go home and sit in their massive houses. I have no complaints with anyone who does that. Its when they don't perform you get worried.

Apparently, Ronaldo has now said that 'his heart and soul are at Utd' and that he isn't going to try and resurrect the Real deal next summer. Let's hope so, the kid has the potential to be one of our all time greats. Can't see it though, it's his dream to play for Real and I think he'll go sooner rather than later.

I honestly think Ronaldo still wont be offering us anything special. Navas or Capel can easily do the job. And they are Spanish as well.

So Ronaldo wins player of the year, tbh a year ago I would have been happy for him but now I just say carry on scoring and then piss off to Madrid where you'll fit in. All that crap about my heart is in manchester is bullshit and it was fairly obvious he wants to go in his interview today. The money from his transfer will really be needed anyway as we'll need a 2 or 3 players to replace Scholes and Giggs over the next couple of years.

Last edited:
Use your tweaking words, Joe. Anyway, I'm baffled as to how Puyol made it into that team even though Barca were hemorrhaging goals last season.

Iniesta > Xavi and Kaka last season as well. The 3 attackers are perfect though, imagine a team with Ronaldo, Torres and Messi in, that'd be dynamite, almost as good as Pienaar, Yakubu, Saha and Cahill tbh.

Last edited:
Keep saying it, but Ronaldo will be off at the end of the season anyway.

Keep saying it, but Ronaldo will be off at the end of the season anyway.

Judging from what the United fans have been saying it's like you want Ronaldo to leave. I'd be incredibly keen to keep him at the club, he's commited his future to the club, Madrid have said they've ended their chase for him, with rumours about Navas and Capel coming in instead. He scored 42 goals last season, chipped in with loads of assists, and is a bloody good player, you can't really afford to lose him in the long term, the only reason United are still doing so well this season is because Rooney's back firing, if he was out of form you'd be back to bumming Ronaldo.

Yeah but he's a twat. You can't really blame United fans for letting him go really. Besides, he could turn out to be like so many attacking midfielders in the past who have had a few really good seasons but then faded away a la Pires, Ljunberg, Duff and a few others. They should have sold him in the summer for the ridiculous prices that were being waved around. They could have brought in some amazing talent to replace him. Ronaldo would fit in well with all the nobs who play in madrid.

Yeh, that'd be possibly if he didn't have a great season the season before that. He's had 2 brilliant seasons, he's the best player in the world, and I'd say the only player in the world that could possibly replace him would be Lionel Messi, but he's not leaving Barca any time soon. He may be abit of a twat, but I'd still want him at my football club. If I was a United fan I wouldn't want him leaving.

If he'd done something similar to what Robinho did, a press conference telling everyone he's off to Madrid then fair enough let him go, but he said nothing throughout the summer, he said Real are the team he dreams of playing for 1 day, but he didn't say "I'm off, cya". I wouldn't let Ronaldo leave, and you know if Sir Alex hasn't let him go he must want to stay, he's not shy in letting players go if they want to leave, look at Ruud and Beckham for example. The fact is, if Ronaldo had told Sir Alex that he wanted to leave, he'd have shipped him out, he doesn't like having players at his club that don't want to be there, no matter who they are. He's going to stay at United, and I hope he does, I love watching the bloke play, he's brilliant.

Although he does not have that x-factor that Messi has. Messi will be the legend who will recalled upon 30-40 years from now, while Ronaldo will be just many of the good players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread