English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a match, some cracking goals, Bentleys one has to be goal of the year.

LOL, at the spurs fan who ran onto the ground for the equaliser, class. How much would he get fined?? So worth it though:p

He'll probably get a season long ban at least. It's ridiculous; it wasn't as if he was attacking the players and it's not as if the players were bothered by him either.

I don't know whether it's down to poor wording or me reading that wrong, but your post looks as if it's in response to mine and I don't really know why.

They are. Aaron Lennon owes me £80. His goal in the last minute cost me £80 on an accumilator bet last night, had every other result correct, and was guarenteed to get the others correct tonight as they're Copa Del Rey games between decent sides and woeful unknown ones. So yeh, Mr Lennon, I require my £80 please.

Hadn't heard of that before last night.

Anyway, what I really thought with a few edits

The four dumbest * goals you could hope to concede and it was against those Spud *. 2 rebounds! Jammy *! Ah well, at least we're still 3rd...

This is why the NL derby is the best IMO. you won't get this kind of football between United and Pool

And we've got Stoke. * mind blank

Plus, Bentley showed why everyone thinks he's a twat in that interview.

Funnily enough, I still want them to draw against Pool. Either that or a Pool thrashing.

well arsenals defence looks really shaky...i mean conceding 4 at home...we played some scintillating football and should have finished them off really...which we thing we did but those two goals were just stupid in the last two mins...i mean for the 3rd everyone just kept backing off jenas and after scoring they didn't even celebrate which shows that they didn't believe they could get back themselves...but almunia who has done a superb job so far was poor considering the standard he has set so far...the first one he got a hand to but couldn't tip over and the 4th one which he should have parried behind for a corner but instead palmed it straight to lennon...i mean defence was at fault to for not being quick enough...
well atleast one the positive side, we are scoring goals but to win games you have to defend as well

Superb match, Wenger's face after the 4th goal was brilliant.:D

Still, it's nowhere near up there with football's best derby matches. United Liverpool for a start is way ahead of it, it's feisty, the rivalry between the fans is much more intense as well as the rivalry between Manchester and Liverpool.

Now, I actually quite admire Spurs, generally their fans know what they're talking about, and are pretty clued up. So I'm not one to jump on any bandwagon. But, they are releasing a DVD of that match:rolleyes:, if I'm honest, it's incredibly smalltime to release a DVD after a draw, and possibly is a compliment to Arsenal.

Anyway, Berbatov's assist was absolute class, brilliant work.

United Liverpool is a bigger rivalry and more important match and everything, but the football isn't half as good. United play like crap against the big sides for some reason and all the attacking traditions are pissed on whilst Liverpool are just Liverpool.

Derby's aren't really based on the quality of the football though, in terms of derbies, spurs and arsenal will always be quite low on the list. For a general football match, using quality of football as the baseline, spurs vs arsenal is quite high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread