English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
LMAO. I'm sorry but it would have to be Bramble. FIFA 09s cover star does it again.

man arsenal were shameful again today...it was all looking up after that great victory against manure and than the kids doin so well against wigan...but they lose again for the second time at home...i mean they had been so strong at home in the past few seasons, if not away, but that attribute seems to be vanishing also...wenger seriously needs to spend big on a good, hard central defender and a tackling midfielder and one of them should preferably be captain material cos right now, none of the players are...

Watching us on football first we looked great. Was Stoke however. Brilliant the way we took the piss out of Rory Delaps throw in :D Plus the old handball chant got done again which is good because it needs reiterating that it's ours and these smaller clubs who desperately want to be us are just saddos who have no songs of their own. :p

Hopefully we'll finally kick on now, and I hear Rooney had a couple of niggles. He needed a rest imo and missing the England game will be good. Hopefully a few more of our players come through now too. We have a great future. :D

Capello's lost my respect. Downing and Mancienne in the England squad, yet Jagielka and Owen miss out. Jags has been one of the best defenders in the league this season, Capello clearly watches no football, and judges players on potential or past talents, or in Downings case, he just ceeb to drop him. How Downing still gets an England squad place is beyond me, he's been crap for Middlesborough this season. Owen's scored goals as well, so deserves a place. Capello's an idiot.

Nah all the strikers in the squad have scored more than Owen apart from Crouch in the prem this year and Crouch doesn't score penos so they're probably about level. Wouldn't argue with that selection really. Downing has been pretty bad though. Not seen any of Mancienne so can't really comment but international footballs rubbish anyway so maybe being a championship player it will suit him :p

Brilliant the way we took the piss out of Rory Delaps throw in :D
Yep that was brilliant. "You've only come to see a throw-in, come to see a throw-in" (better than all that local team nonsense that stoke and the like come out with) :D. Then 10,000 reds in the East stand making the throw-in action towards the Stoke fans everytime Delap had one and doing an oooooooooooooh aaah when he released it.:D. He then gave up as he was so frustrated, and so resorted to short throws:D. I'm in East stand this season btw Joe, closer to away fans, so its all good.

Yeah Rooney's got a chest infection and a calf strain, couldn't care less about Wednesday so it just means that he and Rio will be better prepared for Villa on Saturday.

Ronaldo's celebration after setting up Carrick's goal was superb, just raised his arms to the Stoke fans who had dedicated 20 minutes to shouting about him and then waved to them after.:D

Welbeck, superb strike. Infact, they all were today.;)

Last edited:
So you think you know more about football than someone who:

Had a 15 year professional playing career, most of it spent at Juventus with shorter spells at Roma and Milan, those are top teams, as well as getting 32 caps for his nation.

Has been in management since 1991, managing AC Milan (2 spells), Real Madrid (2 spells), Roma, Juventus and now England, and is regarded as one of the best managers in world football.

Thanks for the history lesson Rob. I honestly did not know that because a guy has all these honours everything he does is correct. I'm a football fan, and therefore have every right to have an opinion on whether the manager has made a mistake, or a wrong team selection. I'm sure you've had a moan about the Coventry manager before, I'm also sure that even the Man U fans have had a moan about Fergie's selections in the past. Just because someones done alot in the game doesn't mean you can't contest their decisions.

I never once claimed I knew more about the came than Capello, he's a deeply respected manager, and I respect him alot. (The "Capello's lost my respect" comment was supposed to be taken in jest). But, just because he's done all this in the game doesn't mean I can't contest it. There's no way that Capello can justify the selections of Mancienne, Downing or possibly even Crouch. Jagielka's been one of the best centre backs in the league this season, and a 20 year old playing in the Championship gets in ahead of him. It's ludicrous.

I've no problems with the squad tbh. It's a friendly and friendlies are about experimentation. I'm not arsed if Jagielka's not picked because then there's less chance of him getting injured playing a stupid friendly game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread