English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do we have to play Chelsea this weekend? :(

Last edited by a moderator:
He's already in the squad ;)

I still think you could find someone better to play on the left than Downing tbh. He's been woeful this season, worse than normal. I'd actually rather play Gerrard, Barry or even Rooney on the left in place of Downing. Don't rate him in the slightest. The only reason he still gets in the squad is because he's got a decent left foot =/. He's so over-rated.

I must have missed his name when I read the squad.

Ashley Young is the best option to play on the left. Then Barry.

Why does Upson continue to get picked?

Just to let you guys know, if you didn't already: Sports Direct have lost the plot (but in a good way); not only are they virtually giving away home England shirts of all sizes, they're also doing the same with the recently released away shirt as well!

http://www.sportsdirect.com/

English footballers are a bloody disgrace. Hopefully Capello will fix them just like he did with the Real Madrid players two years back. (and then get fired)

I presume Newcastle fans won't be taking up this offer due to their boycoutt.

England: James, Johnson, Terry, Upson, Bridge, Wright-Phillips, Carrick, Barry, Downing, Defoe, Agbonlahor.

Seems I was right about Capello. Clowning in the starting XI =/, Ashley Young amongs the subs. At least Agbonlahor gets a gig, but the fact that Clowning and Upson are in the First XI amazes me, especially with Young and Richards/Davies on the bench.

A good team bar Upson and Downing. It's great that Agbonlahor is getting a game. Ashley Young should be playing as well. What has Upson done to deserve a place? Yet he always manages to find his place in the side. I hope to see Bullard, Young and Richards get a good run around.

Davies > Richards > Upson
Young > Downing

My opinion anyway. Despite not being in the form of his life this year, Richards is still better than Upson. Curtis Davies though should be allowed to get a start ahead of both of them as he has played rather well this season. How Downing has started ahead of Young is beyond me. Ashley Young is teh awesome, as is Agbonlahor.

Now that we've said that, Downing will play amazingly, set up 2 and score a hat-trick........

Oh no wait, it's Stewart Downing, he's gash. Young should be in the side, does Capello not watch any football at all? Downing's been woeful this season, he was bad enough before, but he's been even worse this year, he's never played remotely well for England before either. How he gets a go in the First XI is beyond me.

Good effort Matthew Upson :D

Downings all right. Youngs better but not too fussed who plays because it's only a friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread