English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright back up imo. Whilst Young has the potential to be a first teamer. Anyway was good today and our reserves beat Germanys reserves. Although they were a lot closer to full strength than us. Fabio knows what it's about though.

I've just got to say, that was a fantastic performance by England and they have given Fabio a massive headache; not one of those players deserves to be dropped. Wright-Phillips is a new player since returning to City, Downing had his best game for England, Carrick pulled the strings well and it could very easily have been another 5-1 type result. Very unfortunate for Carson, I really agree with what the guys just said in the studio, he's being forced back in and tonight's mess-up will just add another layer of doubt to him. Is Ben Foster fit? Surely he should've been given a chance tonight; he's England's future. Fair play to Terry for trying to take the blame, but Carson really should've stayed on his line.

Excellent stuff though, no one has won in Berlin since 1973 and Germany haven't lost a game of any kind for around a year? 2-1 flattered Germany big time, a more accurate result would've been 4-0. Bit by bit, Fabio is shaping this team into a team with a winning mentality. It was said in the past that we never quite managed it in the big games. I give those doubters: Croatia 1-4 England and Germany 1-2 England.

Bring on the Ukraine! :)

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

I presume Newcastle fans won't be taking up this offer due to their boycoutt.

Well, I grabbed a printed Rooney away shirt today for ?12.99. Bargain!

Glen Johnson is shite.

Other than that great win, if Germany had go anything out of that it would have been robbery.

Glen Johnson is shite.

Other than that great win, if Germany had go anything out of that it would have been robbery.

It wouldn't have been the first time though! 1990 and 1996 spring to mind. Typical when we do get the luck we deserve, the match is a damned friendly! Still, it's always a nice day when England beat Germany in their backyard!

I rarely agree with Capello's selections but he doesn't half know how to get the best out of his players.

How Scott Carson keeps getting picked is beyond me though. He's never impressed me at club level and he let Terry down before as well.

And oh yeah, have some of that you dirty krauts. That'll teach you to nick my sunlounger you bunch of Kunts and Jankers.

I rarely agree with Capello's selections but he doesn't half know how to get the best out of his players.

How Scott Carson keeps getting picked is beyond me though. He's never impressed me at club level and he let Terry down before as well.

And oh yeah, have some of that you dirty krauts. That'll teach you to nick my sunlounger you bunch of Kunts and Jankers.

I'd like to see Foster given a chance.

I don't know how Carson got in the squad either. He's an awful goalkeeper. Only on Saturday was he shocking against Chelsea, leaving too much space on his near post, then on Wednesday he's playing for England - nearly a year to the day since he knocked us out of playing in Euro 2008. Get Robert Green or Ben Foster in there.

It wasn't Carson who knocked us out of the Euro 2008 Qualifiers, it was the whole team, we played crap that night. Beckham came on and set up the victory until the defence let them back in, wasn't purely Carson's fault. He's a good keeper, maybe not the best in England, well, definitely not the best, but he's got some talent. I'd rather have Carson than Robinson. Robert Green and Ben Foster should be ahead of Carson though tbh.

Lol I can't stop laughing at this keeper selection dilemma. I guess Australia have better goalkeepers than England. Maybe you need to put DPRA in goals. :laugh

No, it's only a dillema because we've got so many class keepers. We've got James, Foster, Green, Carson, Robinson and probably a couple more. Australia have Mark Schwarzer........

None of those keepers you've just listed are world class. James comes close but he's always dodgy for England. A world class goalkeeper is someone like Arthur Boric or Peter Cech, not Scot Carson.

Lol I can't stop laughing at this keeper selection dilemma. I guess Australia have better goalkeepers than England. Maybe you need to put DPRA in goals. :laugh

Its not really a dilemma, James will be Englands number 1 until the 2010 World Cup, the only slight problem is working out who's second best. In my opinion its either Green or Foster. Green's very reliable and doesn't make alot of mistakes. Foster is potentially very good but with being at Man Utd he doesn't get alot of time on the pitch so its hard to work out how good he is.
On the Carson topic he isn't overly good, I have a few West Brom friends who don't think he's good enough for them let alone England.

None of those keepers you've just listed are world class. James comes close but he's always dodgy for England. A world class goalkeeper is someone like Arthur Boric or Peter Cech, not Scot Carson.

Guessing you mean Artur Boruc and Petr Cech? ;)

I agree, none of those keepers are world class, but they're all more than capable of playing international cricket. Also, funny how you name Boruc as one of your 2 main world class keepers. He's possibly the most over-rated goalkeeper in the world, he really isn't that amazing, any keeper worth his salt could perform well in the SPL. I'd have gone for Casillas tbh, he's farrr better than Boruc.

Well they would be better than Prior :p.

It was Terry's fault for the Germany goal in my opinion. He should've just cleared the ball away, no nonsense. Carson messed up as well but Terry should've just booted it away in the first place. Upson had a good game but he still shouldn't get picked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread