English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's as if Pool/United/Chelsea all feel sorry for us when we mess up.

Yes that is the reason United have been crap all year :D Anyway seeing as my last post was deleted we need Rooney well bad and Fletcher was crap. The break will be good for us anyway, we have been out of form.

Hopefully this Serbian lad we have signed will introduce something into our game. Ronaldo's attitude stinks which is why he's so crap atm. Sell him in January if we can and get some quality in.

Only a point down at worse though and Barca are on tonight.

KP, you were the one bragging when the massives won 6-0 against Pompey and 3-0 against Stoke that they wouldn't be mid-table mediocrity (as I predicted) when January came, you were right, they've done worse than mid-table mediocrity. You've come out of that looking a bit foolish, and yet you still insist City will be world-beaters.

As for us, 2 points dropped, no question about that. Why bring one of our two strikers off? Poor showing Ferie. We should have had em today, they were there for the takin.

By that I meant that they will buy well in January. You can believe that they'll amount to nothing if you want, but money talks, as proven with Chelsea. They've certainly got more chance of consistently breaking into the top 4 than anyone else in the league.

I find it no coincidence that since united have signed berbatov they struggle to get in behind teams. Games he doesnt play we score much more freely getting in behind teams but when he plays all the goals are tap ins from low crosses, for 30m there are plenty of better players out there for example david villa :mad

Why is it we seem to value some pointless 'so called World Club' championship in Japan over the Premiership?? We could be ten points adrift by the time we return!

Yeah, it doesn't mean much in the general context, but it'd be nice to be world champions for the 2nd time, while the dippers haven't been once.

LMAO! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! ROFLCOPTER! LOLGASM! etc etc...

What a laugh. We've got no strikers and we still beat City. What a pathetic joke of a club. Thats why we are a better team, that's why they aren't getting any of these ?100 mlilion transfer targets and that's why they're a laughing stock. My God, i've not laughed so hard since we beat Lolspurs.

LOLCITY!
They're a joke. Imagine if they got Messi, Fabregas, Torres and everyone but got relegated. Should LOLCITY be the new name since the takeover? Or Manski.

I hope you realise Cahill has played striker for Australia numerous times and he is more than capable up front, he doesnt have the height but it was obvious his positioning was better than any of our strikers looked to achieve

Everton didnt win lol Man City lost, they switched off and they took the chance

I hope you realise Cahill has played striker for Australia numerous times and he is more than capable up front, he doesnt have the height but it was obvious his positioning was better than any of our strikers looked to achieve

Everton didnt win lol Man City lost, they switched off and they took the chance

Yeah he is more than capable, but he's still an AM by trade. And are you kidding? We hammered City. Got exactly what we deserved.

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/1222019-post3631.html

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/1222026-post3634.html

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/1222034-post3637.html

Just found a couple from after they beat Portsmouth 6-0, could have probably found more from the city love-in. Happy days.:)

Only one of them actually claims that City will not be relegation candidates come January, the rest were said in jest. I'll admit I was wrong about City not being Mid-Table come January though, but if you honestly believe they'll continue to struggle come 2 seasons time, maybe even next season, then you'll be in for a shock. As I said earlier, money talks. I'm not a City fan, I prefer United, but I fail to see how you can just plainly ignore the fact that they've got hundreds of millions of pounds to spend in January and in the summer.

They've already attracted 1 world class star to the side, and he'll be seen as a draw for other class players, as well as the obvious money incentive. I can definitely see the likes of Kaka being tempted to join City because of the money, and if they continue to buy these class players, they'll become a top side, there's no doubting it. You can keep doubting it if you want though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread