English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're a joke. Imagine if they got Messi, Fabregas, Torres and everyone but got relegated. Should LOLCITY be the new name since the takeover? Or Manski.

You truely are an idiot aren't you? No they won't get relegated, Lolcity will never be the name as its stupid and not even inventive maybe your new nickname should be lolcricketdudemad... oh wait thats not funny. Also Manski? Dubai based owners... where does russia come into it?

We don't care. City are a small club and we don't like football clubs becoming little football manager dream teams, we want to see success earned.

We don't care. City are a small club and we don't like football clubs becoming little football manager dream teams, we want to see success earned.

Exactly. They were discussing City on MoTD yesterday and they were unanimous that, if City could pay a player however much they want to, then things will get out of hand. Success should be earned, not bought. And before anyone starts, Man Utd earned success over a long period of time, which is why we now have the money to buy big players. It wasn't handed to us on a sliver plate. Still, you have to laugh at City right now, eh?

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Yes that is the reason United have been crap all year :D Anyway seeing as my last post was deleted we need Rooney well bad and Fletcher was crap. The break will be good for us anyway, we have been out of form.

Hopefully this Serbian lad we have signed will introduce something into our game. Ronaldo's attitude stinks which is why he's so crap atm. Sell him in January if we can and get some quality in.

Only a point down at worse though and Barca are on tonight.

Utd have been crap all year because the hunger isn't there! The same thing happened after the '99 Treble season. The next year, their hearts just didn't seem to be in it. I was worried this would happen, unfortunately, I've was right to. We need Scholes back and fit, he makes a huge difference to the team with his vision.

MasterBlaster76 added 4 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

You truely are an idiot aren't you? No they won't get relegated, Lolcity will never be the name as its stupid and not even inventive maybe your new nickname should be lolcricketdudemad... oh wait thats not funny. Also Manski? Dubai based owners... where does russia come into it?

Manski City, or Manchelski City, I agree fully! It comes into it, because they're doing exactly what Chelsea did! Still, as someone said, at least Chelsea were knocking loudly on the top four door before they were taken over! City were nowhere and, chucking a whole load of new players in mid season can easily make things worse.

Chelsea weren't title contenders before their buy out by Roman Abramovich. Granted they were in the Champions League, but they weren't getting anywhere near Man U and Arsenal. Then Roman comes in, spends hundreds of millions of pounds and they win the league 2 years running.

Also, you claim that you want to see success earned, yet all the top 3 sides bar Arsenal spend ridiculous amounts of money each year bringing in players. Liverpool spent millions bringing in Torres last year, United brought in Berbatov, every club in the top 4 has spent a hell of alot of money. I don't honestly see the difference between United spending money bringing in the likes of Carrick, Berbatov, Tevez, Rooney, Ronaldo, Van Der Sar, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Anderson, Nani, to win the league and City doing it. Success is brought by money, that's why the likes of Villa and Everton can't compete with the top 4, we've not got the money. Money runs football nowadays, you can contest it as much as you like, but there's no difference between City and United, United wouldn't have won the league last year without all the money they've been spending in the last 5 years.

omfg.jpg

Martins hammers the inside of the post from 30 odd yards. :eek:

2-0 Obafemi Martins slots in.

This thread bloody annoys me as well. It should just be the 'European Elite Football Thread'...

Very good. But it's supposed to be a thread to discuss all football teams, not just the big 4.

!x!Culli!x! added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

Two fingers up at the Pompey fans chanting "You're Going Down!" Not so cocky now, are ye?

Don't get carried way Tom. Seen our next few games?

Tottenham at home and Wigan away. We should win those on paper ;) (Just not sure if we will do it on the pitch :rolleyes:)

And of course we will thrash the Scousers at St J's :p

Omg, I watched the first half of the Newcastle game and it was 0-0 so I thought it'd be okay to go and do some coursework, yet I come down to find they won 3-0. I never see any goals.

Not as an Everton fan ;) Not taking anything away from us today, I think that was our best performance of the season, but we have to concentrate on carrying it on. Tom, you haven't watched Spurs play recently have you? Don't be the stereotypical Geordie fan who thinks we're unbeatable after a win ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread