English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm, I mentioned that, try reading the next post, I mentioned the 1996-2000 era.

There'll be quite a few exceptions come next summer then Phil (Y). I don't know who they'll buy, but the one really strong rumour is Kaka. If they could tempt him across, they'll start attracting some real good talent, players just wanting to play alongside Kaka and Robinho.

A few years back foreign talent were bothered about the clubs they signed for, but now it's purely money. If Man City offer a player more money than Man Utd, they'll go to City, foreign players aren't bothered about the 1996 youngsters who won the league. If it was trophies that attracted foreign players, would Spurs have the team they've got?

So, all players aren't concerned about going to a big club with a successful history? What about the aforementioned Berbatov? He could've gone to City, but he knew which was the better club!

A bit off topic, but did anyone see the Sports Personality of the Year awards tonight? It made me laugh when Sir Bobby was gettig his special achievment award and he was surrounded by a load of legends and then for some reason Phil Neville was there as well. Legend. :D
Gary Lineker - "Some of the finest footballing talent this country has produced":D Camera pans to Neville.;)

Berbatov is an ***. So bad example. Robinho going to Man City is the biggest example of money power. Ashley Cole to Chelsea as well.

Berbatov is an ***. So bad example. Robinho going to Man City is the biggest example of money power. Ashley Cole to Chelsea as well.

In your opinion. I think he'll be a great player for Utd. As for Robinho, to leave somewhere like Real Madrid, or pass up Chelsea and choose Man City? That just shows he's nothing but a money-grabber.

Berbatov is an ***. So bad example.
Why? He said himself if he wanted the money he could have gone to City or Chelsea if he just wanted the money. You can't just say that and not give a reason why.

Why? He said himself if he wanted the money he could have gone to City or Chelsea if he just wanted the money. You can't just say that and not give a reason why.

Exactly. If you're going to come out with garbage like that, you have to back it up!

No, no I meant in the case that he was a bad example for the fact that money attracts players. There are a few exceptions, Berbatov can be considered as one of them, although compromising on something to go to Manure, isnt really a compromise at all. Then there are people like Joseba Exteberria who refused higher and better offers to continue playing for Athletic Bilbao, and will play for free for them next season. He is a dirty Basque, but deserves respect.

No, no I meant in the case that he was a bad example for the fact that money attracts players. There are a few exceptions, Berbatov can be considered as one of them, although compromising on something to go to Manure,
Which is exactly what I'm saying! Dan or someone (I can't remember now) said that all players would join city over united if city were offering more money, I was trying to show that they wouldn't, using Berbatov as an example.

Eduardo-oo-ooooooo!

Didn't do too bad for someone who's been out 10 months. Clearly lacking match fitness.

LOLCITY!!!!!!!!!

Lmao, joke club. I'm sure Torres and Ronaldo are looking forward to helping them out with their relegation scrap.

Love it. Man City are right in **** now :D

!x!Culli!x! added 27 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

Wow :eek: I'm so glad about that! :D

oh man we don't need another injury...i hope its a minor one...just to add to the goal and injury at half time, adabeyor gets sent off...great:noway

Stu, didn't I say we would win :p Ye have little faith ;)

On seperate news I have been given tickets to the directors box for the FA Cup match between Sunderland and Blackburn, in the Sunderland box :p I think I need to buy a Blackburn shirt ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread