English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither do the other teams though Will, as Richard said, there were plenty of times last season when I got annoyed that Arsenal got a last minute equaliser/winner.

At home to us
Villa at home
Fulham at home

To name but three.

That's true, Phil but it's happened to us every time we have a lead that the stoppage is somehow more than 4 mins this season and it's pissing me off. And Phil Thompson's his same smug self watching our game.

Caicedo has just taken the chances Benjani has had all year... because he can stay ONSIDE! Benjani should just go back to Zimbabwe and play for their cricket team

Will be interesting to see Santa Cruz playing his future club lol

Ireland's got chin straps =/

3-0 to the Toffees :D We're in good form at the minute, away from home anyway. If we could find our home form from last season then we'll be doing brilliantly. Just need a striker really.

Fulham deserved the draw against Chelsea. Saw the highlights of the Liverpool game as well and got to say Gerrard was brilliant again.

well arsenal were poor again this match...lots of possesion but no end product...i mean we had 2-3 good openings but they were either wasted of were smothered via some good defending...we were def. missing the creativity of fabregas and i don't have a clue why wenger was playin bedtner and not VP...i don't rate him at all and think he should be sold...i can go as far as to say that even aliadeare would have been better than him

last match before transfer market opens and you can clearly see what we need...def. a creative player at the centre of the park and a striker wouldn't be a bad addition to the squad either but i don't think he would go for one as vela is already avaialbe and eduardo is pretty close to comeback as well...we also need a solid centre back like disitn was today...i just hope that wenger sees his mistakes and opens the cheque book for once and not just spend the spare change he has accumated in his pocket

Arsenal won't win the league until Wenger ships out the crap. They've settled for far too many mediocre players in their squad, players like Djourou, Song, Eboue, Bendtner, Denilson, Senderos, Silvestre, Diaby, and Almunia. You can win the league with youngsters, but not 16 year olds. None of those players mentioned above would get into the First XI's of United, Liverpool or Chelsea, most of them would struggle to get into the 18. This lack of quality depth means that if the 1 or 2 class players that they do have aren't on form, Arsenal struggle. Arsenal need monies.

i think diaby has developed a lot and was awesome against villa...denilson and djourou are alright but not first team material tbh

There's no point in wondering which players would get into which teams when you take into consideration what they do for their respective teams. Plus, Diaby is far from medicore. Also, when most of the players you mentioned are under 25, there's obviously scope for potential.

I agree about Almunia though. Lehmann was world class. Almunia isn't. He doesn't win us any games. Eboue is rubbish as a right mid. He's only there because he offers more defensive cover than other options. Song was brilliant against United and Chelsea sitting in front of the CBs. He's had to play CB a few times and there he has failed. We got rid of Senderos for a year and Silvestre is hit and miss and it's too early to judge Djourou. Bendtner is our 4th choice striker who, again, is very young.

When you consider we're missing Walcott instead of Eboue, Eduardo instead of Bendtner and Rosicky instead of Song, our first team isn't on the pitch. I hope that Wenger does spend in January but not millions on over-hyped 'big names' but experienced talent. Plus, even Chelsea and Liverpool have poor players in their squad - Lucas, Pennant, Malouda, Kalou

As for squad depth, other than

Plus, even Chelsea and Liverpool have poor players in their squad - Lucas, Pennant, Malouda, Kalou
Agreed on Lucas and Pennant but Malouda and Kalou are very good players I'd go as far as saying that Arsenal would be a better team with someone like Malouda a natural left midfielder which Nasri isn't. Nasri is a quality player no doubt about it but would be superb in the centre.

Lucas is alright, played very very well today. And Kalou is very useful, scores a fair few. Pennant and Malouda on the otherhand are pretty useless, take Kuyt over both of them tbh.

Fair enough, Lucas isn't as bad as I suggested but Kalou is pretty poor. He's not a natural finisher nor does he score great goals. He's hardly a threat on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread