English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
mvaughan, learn to understand sarcasm. Fine, the Liverpool Echo then with a 4 page spread on the 50 reasons why Phil Thompson feels Steven Gerrard should be exempt from punishment.

I can just imagine what the questions he is being asked;

Mr Gerrard, Congrats on your two goals today but when will you get a hattrick?

And will you ever move away from Liverpool?

We can release you now Mr Gerrard with no further questions. (Then they arrest the 5 other guys)

I've got 50 reasons why Phil Tompson is a bell end and all of them are 'he's just a bellend'.

Anyone willing to argue that? I thought not.

If this is true then Gerrard is alot more stuid than I give him credit for, but like most of these cases which involve footballers I wouldn't be suprised if this is a lie and he did nothing wrong such as the Johnny Evans rape case which caved in when they found out she was lying about it and that she just wanted publicity.

Infact come to think of it it may have been evertonfan accusing him just for the kick of it ;)

ROFL, Gerrards a twat. Even if he didn't assault anyone he shouldn't be getting into that situation. 2.30 in the morning, shouldn't have even been at a club. What an idiot.

True.

I just want to make sure here, but you don't actually think that I think Gerrard is the best player in the world do you? He is nowhere near that accolade.

I wouldn't even put him in the best 10 players in the world.

LOL@GERRARD

Ban him for 12 months FA

Well, Cantona was heavily punished for assault, so why not Gerrard?

I'll start him off
Kaka
Messi
Henry
Robinho
Deco
Torres
Drogba
Rooney
Fabregas
Ronaldinho(when fit)
Petr Cech
Ribery
Ronaldo
Robben(when fit)
Sneijder
Aguero
Villa
Xavi
Theres 18.

Last edited:
Kaka.....OK, although rubbish last seaon
Messi......Best in the world
Henry........No
Robinho.......No
Deco..........No
Torres........Same level
Drogba........No
Rooney........Same level
Fabregas.......OK
Ronaldinho(when fit).......Talk about the present
Petr Cech..........OK
Ribery..........OK
Ronaldo........OK
Robben(when fit).........OK
Sneijder........No
Aguero..........No. He is horribly over-rated, and that has been proved in recent games.
Villa...........Same level
Xavi.........Same level

So basically you have named six, and I would consider that being one of the best in the world. Personally I never like Gerrard and still remember his horrible tackle on Graeme Le Saux few seasons back, but with the christmas break going on, have been seeing the only league left to watch, and Gerrard has been immense. People who dont agree have either not seen, or are just biased. MB's points hardly hold any value.

Last edited:
m_vaughan, you can't judge a player based on two games, which based on what you've said is what you did.

I'm actually with Vaughany on this one, Gerrard IS class. He may be over-rated, but he's still a class act. He saves Liverpool from so many tough situations by doing something spectacular. He's definitely in the top bracket when it comes to top players in the world. Scores goals, makes assists, and leads Liverpool brilliantly, just a shame he's a twat. 2nd highest top goalscoring midfielder in the league this season as well, he's class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread