English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So your basing his skill on form?

No but Ronaldinho (although he is doing ok at Milan) was on the decline. He was one of the best players of all time during those few seasons for PSG and Barca, but he is pretty ordinary right now, although once I'll say he has done well at Milan.

m_vaughan added 2 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

m_vaughan, you can't judge a player based on two games, which based on what you've said is what you did.

Maybe. But to be honest, he is an Englishman, so like everyother one, he is over-rated.

But he is very good. Otherwise Chelsea or even Real Madrid would never have wanted him (at different times in his career).

m_vaughan added 1 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

I'm actually with Vaughany on this one, Gerrard IS class. He may be over-rated, but he's still a class act. He saves Liverpool from so many tough situations by doing something spectacular. He's definitely in the top bracket when it comes to top players in the world. Scores goals, makes assists, and leads Liverpool brilliantly, just a shame he's a twat. 2nd highest top goalscoring midfielder in the league this season as well, he's class.

That is exactly what I think. There are very very few who do it as well as Gerrard. I do not want to comment about his off-the-pitch activities, because personally I dont care. I am just appreciating a player who I think is very good.

2nd highest top goalscoring midfielder in the league this season as well
When is this award being handed out? I hope it's the same time as Torres gets his most goals scored by a foreigner in their first season trophy and the same time as Jamie Carragher gets his best defender with the first name Jamie and the second name Carragher award.

Actually, Phil, the award he's up for is best defender with a scouse accent. Gallas is up for best tearjerker award while the final award category is best comeback appearance of the year, which any Arsenal player is sure to win.

http://i42.tinypic.com/24e6phl.jpg

:D Given it's debut last night.:) Not sure about the charity shield being on it, but oh well.
Saw that on the news, very clever. I don't know why you wouldn't put the community shield on it, though, after all it is a trophy, you won it and beat off 19 other teams to win it.

FA Cup third round this weekend! Televised matches:

Friday 2nd January: Tottenham Hotspur vs Wigan Athletic, 8:00pm, Setanta Sports 1
Saturday 3rd January: Preston North End vs Liverpool, 5:25pm, ITV1
Sunday 4th January: Gillingham vs Aston Villa, 1:30pm, ITV1
Sunday 4th January: Southampton vs Manchester United, 4:00pm, Setanta Sports 1
Monday 5th January: Blyth Spartans vs Blackburn Rovers, 8:00pm, Setanta Sports 1

My predictions:

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Wigan Athletic
ARSENAL vs Plymouth Argyle
Birmingham City vs WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS
Cardiff City vs READING
Charlton Athletic vs NORWICH CITY
CHELSEA vs Southend United
Cheltenham Town vs DONCASTER ROVERS
COVENTRY CITY vs Kidderminster Harriers
Forest Green vs DERBY COUNTY
Hartlepool United vs STOKE CITY
HISTON vs Swansea City
Hull City vs NEWCASTLE UNITED
IPSWICH TOWN vs Chesterfield
KETTERING vs Eastwood Town
Leicester City vs CRYSTAL PALACE
Leyton Orient vs SHEFFIELD UNITED
Macclesfield Town vs EVERTON
MANCHESTER CITY vs Nottingham Forest
Middlesbrough vs BARROW
MILLWALL vs Crewe Alexandra
PORTSMOUTH vs Bristol City
Preston North End vs LIVERPOOL
Queens Park Rangers vs BURNLEY
Sheffield Wednesday vs FULHAM
SUNDERLAND vs Bolton Wanderers
Torquay United vs BLACKPOOL
WATFORD vs Scunthorpe United
West Bromwich Albion vs PETERBOROUGH UNITED
WEST HAM UNITED vs Barnsley
Gillingham vs ASTON VILLA
Southampton vs MANCHESTER UNITED
BLYTH SPARTANS vs Blackburn Rovers

Man City's crazy spending spree is set to start with a swoop for Wayne Bridge. This is a signing that will really make the world sit up and take notice... :rolleyes:

At least Bridge is better than Ball or Garrido.. Its a start

Bridge is a very under-rated defender. He must have some class to have been used by Jose Mourinho, if he was crap Mourinho would have just binned him. City desperately needed a decent left-back and still need a decent replacement for Corluka as well, looking forward to seeing who they buy.

King Pietersen added 8 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

Saha's injured again as well =/ Further 5 weeks out because of a hamstring injury. Moyes really needs to get a striker in now. Just so long as it's not Nugent anyway.

Bridge will be a very steady signing. He's not going to set the world alight, obviously, but he'll provide a great amount of stability and sensible defending down City's left hand side. A good signing all round if he agrees terms. Grossly overpaid for him, but that's bound to happen when buying someone off a club like Chelsea, and especially when the buyers are the richest club in the world, thus likely to be milked for all their worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread