English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why everyone hates Spurs. I like them, well they are my local team but Bent should have scored, also I think they will sell him but Defoe played really well. Bellamy should go to Spurs, don't think City will play him much with Kaka coming, and Man City don't need to score as much as Spurs anyway

Some newspapers in UK say Redknapp and Hughes had a mutual deal between them. Man City will allow Spurs to sign Palacios and Spurs will allow Man City sign Bellamy for almost the same fee...

Lol what a sitter missed by Bent.

Oh, don't worry, he'll probably end up at Spurs eventually, he'll probably go there next January (Y). There's no doubting his quality though, he proved a couple of seasons back that if he stays fit he's an immense talent. He could be one of the better strikers in the league if he stays fit and regains that consistency he showed at Blackburn. I'm sure Phil will inevitably have something derogatory to say about the transfer though, to which MasterBlaster123495740Bazillion will agree with.

;)
:D Do you do after dinner speaking?

And yeah, 14 million isn't worth it for Bellamy, he's been at more clubs than Andrew Flintoff on a night out in the West Indies. He's a well known destructive influence to dressing rooms. It'll be interesting to see how he mixes with the likes of Robinho in there. City will be his 6th club in 4 years, some loyalty that is. He scored just 7 goals for Liverpool, and he's only scored that amount in two seasons for West Aaam. He's so loyal he's demanded a move and refused to play for West Ham even after they stood by him with his injuries. He moved to West Aaaam for 7.5 million, are you telling me that he's gone up 6.5 million in worth in the last year.

Still, you were the one that said Robbie Keane was worth 20 million, so I suppose you have some quite funny ideas.:)

cod1.jpg

:D

What a ridiculous transfer. I appreciate Mark Hughes might want to sign his mate but seriously, if you have all the money in the world, why not go after Villa, Aguero, Drogba, Ibrahimovic, Eto'o, there are loads of players, They go for Bellamy though who will probably play golf with Robinho's head.

I'm not sure about me biting, I'd say that was more you yesterday:). I feel more that you need to have a health check if you think Craig Bellamy is a "immense talent".:)

Bellamy's actually confirmed as a City player now. Good signing I think, Hughes certainly rates him, and he did show glimpses of true class at Blackburn, could be a dynamite signing. Just have to wait and see.

Must admit with Phil on this one, Dan. His value has almost doubled since West Ham bought him and he has done naff all at the Hammers. He may of been injured, which is of course a shame, but his value has no way doubled. I'd say Santa Cruz or someone to that effect would be better for City, rather than some speedy midget up front. Saying that Hughes got the best out of him at Blackburn and could do the same at City, you never know. I just feel he wasn't one of the best options for them to go for.

Do you guys think Bellamy is worth 14 million pounds?

The guys on FOX sports were saying City were going a bit crazy with their money as if to suggest he's not a 14 million pound player.

Can't believe Torres missed that chance. He did everything right but just couldn't finish. He's been looking really good today with 2 awesome runs after that missed chance.

Bellamy has never played better than he did when he was at Norwich. FACT.

lol at the guy behind Torres when he missed. He was sticking his fingers up and giving him all the insults he could think of. :p

oh he always has to go and do that doesn't he..."?!*!$!?(%*?(!*$

EDIT: and they are level...a soft goal to concede by liverpools standard as the marking was absolutley s**t to put it kindly...but everton deserved that over the course of the game...well played

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread