English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
TIMMY CAHILLLLL :D :D

Not the best game, kind of what you'd expect in a Derby, scrappy, hard fought. Told my mates it would be 1-1 :D Doubt I will be setting aside a couple of hours to watch it all over again.

and the main thought on the game, how many times do Liverpool fans appeal for handballs. Seriously. Every sngle game, every time the ball hit's a player somewhere between his foot and his head you hear "eerrrr handball mate"

Piss off! How does a team score from a header when we have Skrtel and Hypiia at the back? Maybe because both men were on 1 player! Didn't anyone see Cahill hide in behind Hypiia? He wasn't going to stay there and watch the show.

Rafa shouldn't have brang on Lucas though. He's useless. Mascherano would have been better if he insisted on taking both strikers off. We should have pressed for a second though.

:D Thank you Everton.

Top of the league (that's a FACT Rafa:)), and may it stay that way:)

How quiet were the Liverpool fans! Could just hear Everton fans right through the game with a 5 minute exception after Gerrard scored. They sung "we shall not be moved", oops, that went a bit wrong eh, Dippers:). Nice to hear a chorus of Gerrard's goin down:D.

And yeah Jaz, Santa Cruz would have been a better signing, proper 20 goal a season striker, and in the end, probably wouldn't have cost too much more than Bellamy did.

Last edited:
I was about to say but Santa Cruz has acted like a bit of a cock but I guess you can't really say that when comparing him to Bellamy. :D

Very happy now, although I think Liverpool will win 2-0 in the cup and Fellaini will get booked.

Why did they take Torres off when it was only 1-0? If he felt like he had an injury coming on, fair enough but you don't take your best striker off when there is 5 minutes to go.

Tim Cahill :). Good result for Everton.

Because we should have been good enough to control the game and not conceded. I wouldn't have taken him off but I see why Rafa did it, what I don't see is why he decided to bring Lucas on. If you want to sit back and defend bring on Arbs and put Carra in central defence and play a 5 man defence.

Why does Keane always sulk like a baby when he comes off? There's no way hes gonna play the full 90 anytime soon because he just takes up space.

Because we should have been good enough to control the game and not conceded. I wouldn't have taken him off but I see why Rafa did it, what I don't see is why he decided to bring Lucas on. If you want to sit back and defend bring on Arbs and put Carra in central defence and play a 5 man defence.

Why does Keane always sulk like a baby when he comes off? There's no way hes gonna play the full 90 anytime soon because he just takes up space.

You were lucky to come away with a point: Everton should've had a definite penalty. Never mind, we're still top, where we belong. :D

Not doing a bad job narrowing the gap between us and Liverpool/Chelsea. Too bad United will be 20 points ahead before we do catch up. would be ecstatic with 2nd after the start we've had.

You were lucky to come away with a point: Everton should've had a definite penalty. Never mind, we're still top, where we belong. :D

Definite penalty? Hope you don't mean the Anichebe incident in the 2nd half, just before Gerrards goal. If so, you're wrong, wasn't a penalty, defender barely touched Victor, went down far too easily!

Well there was one, I forget when it was but before that the Everton player smashed one of our guys outta the way before he even got into the box so it should have been a foul there anyway and we should have got a penalty when Torres got tackled in the box so there was nothing unlucky or lucky about the game.

Well there was one, I forget when it was but before that the Everton player smashed one of our guys outta the way before he even got into the box so it should have been a foul there anyway and we should have got a penalty when Torres got tackled in the box so there was nothing unlucky or lucky about the game.

Still, it was a hard fought and enjoyable game. Stevie G's goal was fantastic. I hope it'll be a tough old battle between us, it's been a long time and I was getting bored only battling Chelsea!!!!!

Good win for United, Nani's goal was a cracker. Giles Barnes' free-kick was very nice as well, he made a great contribution after coming on, surprised he's not been snapped up by a Premier League side yet. I'm sure he will be soon though. Annoying not to see Tosic as well, was hoping we'd see at least half hour of him. Darren Gibson was awful as well, the only thing he can do is tackle, his passing was woeful.

Yeh I wanted to see Tosic. Well we have had some injurys, Anderson is a blow, dunno when Brown and Rio are back too because we could be in need of them.

Was that Barnes first game back? Not a bad return, 2 goals.

Good win:) Just hope I get a ticket for Wembley now, should do, we've got a 31,000 allocation and some people have not purchased the league cup games, so it's more than likely:)

Yesterday you were saying about we should play the ressies today and on Saturday Joe, and I can see where you're coming from, but it wouldn't really be fair on the fans that now have to pay for the cup games (FA Cup in particular). I wouldn't knock the FA Cup either, it's a very important competition, and if we have a lean streak in future in the league (which we will), the cup could become very important to us again, less so for the league cup but the same point applies (remember Wigan 2006, which really started us off again).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread