English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
SBS The World Game - Cahill dedicates goal to fans
Makeshift striker Tim Cahill can now claim to have written his name alongside that of Dixie Dean in Everton's record books.

The Australia midfielder's late equaliser against Liverpool on Monday night (Tuesday morning AEDT) was his third goal for the Toffees at Anfield - a feat nobody else has achieved since the Dean era.

Cahill said: "Has everyone started calling me Dixie? I don't know about that. To be honest, I am more concerned about what the goal meant for our team and supporters.

"You work so hard chasing after defenders and great players like Steven Gerrard and we take great pride from getting a point because Liverpool are a great team.

"They deserve to be at the top of the league. We deserved a point and Pepe Reina deserves a lot of credit as he made a couple of world-class saves.

"I thought I had scored in the first half with a header but the spring on him to get to it was ridiculous. But we got there in the end and I am really happy for our fans."

The 29-year-old chose not to celebrate his goal too much, saying: "I did not want to show any disrespect to Liverpool whatsoever.

"I am lucky to have scored at Anfield three times now but I didn't want to get anyone in trouble by celebrating too much. I just wanted to see if we could score another."

Now Everton are aiming for another big performance this weekend when they return to Anfield in the FA Cup.

Cahill said: "We will come back on Sunday and prepare the same way. We will do what we think is right and try to put right any mistakes we think we made in the league game."
So he decided not to celebrate his goal against liverpool too much. THATS WHERE YOU CELEBRATE YOUR GOALS. Although you get so many goals at anfield it's not great feat.

Good win:) Just hope I get a ticket for Wembley now, should do, we've got a 31,000 allocation and some people have not purchased the league cup games, so it's more than likely:)

Yesterday you were saying about we should play the ressies today and on Saturday Joe, and I can see where you're coming from, but it wouldn't really be fair on the fans that now have to pay for the cup games (FA Cup in particular). I wouldn't knock the FA Cup either, it's a very important competition, and if we have a lean streak in future in the league (which we will), the cup could become very important to us again, less so for the league cup but the same point applies (remember Wigan 2006, which really started us off again).

How much do you reckon a ticket to Wembley will cost?

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={23A882F1-4E52-4C1A-816E-FB505E82E076}&newsid=6625521&lid=SplashCCfinalTickets

(For some reason the links not working, if you copy and paste it into your browser it will do.)

Rip-off prices. ?38 quid for the cheapest, then ?52, then ?66 and then ?80:eek:

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={23A882F1-4E52-4C1A-816E-FB505E82E076}&newsid=6625521&lid=SplashCCfinalTickets

(For some reason the links not working, if you copy and paste it into your browser it will do.)

Rip-off prices. ?38 quid for the cheapest, then ?52, then ?66 and then ?80:eek:

And ?38 means being up in the higher tiers I would imagine. :) Damn straight they're rip off prices, but things like the FA Cup would be even more expensive, wouldn't they, and I'd love to see Utd at Wembley. Are you going, even taking those prices into account?

Haven't been on since Sunday so allow me to say a few things;

1.Rafa is appalingly defensive.
2.Zonal marking DOESN'T work. Especially when it involves leaving Tim Cahill unmarked on set pieces.
3.TIM CAHILL!
4.We're gonna get hammered on Sunday as an act of redemption because karma is a bellend and Gerrard will score a hat-trick.
5.Man City have firmly established themselves as the most pathetic joke of a club in the world. Bellamy for 14 million?! LMAO! Nobend of a player, nobend of a club.
6.I love Kaka
7.Rafa rapes kiddies
8.Jagielka is absolutely awesome. If Capello doesn't pick him in his next squad then he must not actually watch football
9.Baines is awesome
10.Torres is a greasy dirty spick

And ?38 means being up in the higher tiers I would imagine. :) Damn straight they're rip off prices, but things like the FA Cup would be even more expensive, wouldn't they, and I'd love to see Utd at Wembley. Are you going, even taking those prices into account?
Yeah, applied yesterday. You get a preference for price, so I put ?38 quid, should be decent atmosphere in that area anyway.

Haven't been on since Sunday so allow me to say a few things;

1.Rafa is appalingly defensive.
2.Zonal marking DOESN'T work. Especially when it involves leaving Tim Cahill unmarked on set pieces.
3.TIM CAHILL!
4.We're gonna get hammered on Sunday as an act of redemption because karma is a bellend and Gerrard will score a hat-trick.
5.Man City have firmly established themselves as the most pathetic joke of a club in the world. Bellamy for 14 million?! LMAO! Nobend of a player, nobend of a club.
6.I love Kaka
7.Rafa rapes kiddies
8.Jagielka is absolutely awesome. If Capello doesn't pick him in his next squad then he must not actually watch football
9.Baines is awesome
10.Torres is a greasy dirty spick

Haha dumbest decision ever considering Tim Cahill is one of the best players in the air(who care about his size) in the Premierleague. You got no choice but to man mark him on set pieces. It's what you get from signing a fat waiter.

Rafa is so right. Everton deserved to lose the game, Liverpool played non stop attacking football and therefore Everton don't deserve to be in the FA cup anymore.

What was Tim Howard doing on the goal. Oh well a replays good for us :D

Ah, well, at least we'll be playing the replay at home.

Don't have a good feeling about tonight. We are due to concede and drop points :p have loads of injurys and West Brom have got Pele. Little bit worried. /

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread