English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No Lampard, Gerrard or Rooney. Add that to the fact that we're crap and Spain are awesome, and Spain were always going to win. I'm not particularly bothered though tbh, International Football doesn't really interest me at all until the major tournaments, just see it as an annoying break up of the Premier League season. International Friendlies are often pointless and dull, especially England ones.

Scholes was absolutely outstanding tonight, just beyond belief. Spraying passes all over the pitch, beautiful contact for the goal (although it should have been saved) and just generally vintage Scholes. Just brilliant.:)

Looks like United will win the title. Can still hold on to the hope that they will drop points somewhere and be beaten by Liverpool, so they go 2 points clear with everyone on the same number of games

The way I see it, we need to win the games leading up to playing the dippers on the 14th of March. 5 points clear going into that match, it looks pretty rosy no matter what the score is. It'd be a bonus if they slipped up somewhere before that match but there's no chance the bitters will take anything off them at the weekend.

Just out of curiousity Lee, why the support for Liverpool?

Scholes was absolutely outstanding tonight, just beyond belief. Spraying passes all over the pitch, beautiful contact for the goal (although it should have been saved) and just generally vintage Scholes. Just brilliant.:)

Man's a legend, like Giggsy. The league could go for another 100 years and I don't think you'll see two players of their ilk again.

Utd are 20/1 to win the Quadruple. Are you putting a fiver on that, Phil? :D

The way I see it, we need to win the games leading up to playing the dippers on the 14th of March. 5 points clear going into that match, it looks pretty rosy no matter what the score is. It'd be a bonus if they slipped up somewhere before that match but there's no chance the bitters will take anything off them at the weekend.

Just out of curiousity Lee, why the support for Liverpool?
'Cos it's their year! ;)

No, really, I don't mind United, but I want the title race to still be able to go either way on the last day of the season. I know it sort of did last year, but it was a very small chance of you losing to Wigan. It is refreshing to see someone new up there (Villa included).

Utd are 20/1 to win the Quadruple. Are you putting a fiver on that, Phil? :D
:DWould be brilliant if it happened, incredible. However, I just think there's too many matches left and we're bound to lose at least one of them (eg. Portsmouth last year). Can't see us doing Europe again although I'd love to. The domestic treble looks promising but there's still some very good teams in the FA Cup. As long as we win the league I'll be happy as we'll equal the Scousers record and they don't have "18-5" to brag about:).

Fair play, Lee.

:DWould be brilliant if it happened, incredible. However, I just think there's too many matches left and we're bound to lose at least one of them (eg. Portsmouth last year). Can't see us doing Europe again although I'd love to. The domestic treble looks promising but there's still some very good teams in the FA Cup. As long as we win the league I'll be happy as we'll equal the Scousers record and they don't have "18-5" to brag about:).

Fair play, Lee.

True enough, and to win it when it's 'their year' (again) will make it all the more sweeter!

Kevin Nolan, you dirty *******. Rightly sent off for that, hope he gets a decent ban, that was a horiffic tackle. 2 footed, off the ground, could easily have broken Anichebe's leg. Horrible tackle.

Absolutely superb you MASSIVE blues!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Brilliant stuff, Rafa's cracking up:) 7 points clear and thats a FACT!

Rafa's not cracking up. Liverpool are just losing steam and have lost momentum, always happens with them. I didn't ever give them a realistic chance of winning the title tbh, even with the good start. It's Uniteds title from here, can't see it going anywhere else. As Mark Lawrenson said:

Without Alonso, without Gerrard and with Torres still only looking about 80% fit, you're looking for match-winners, and you can't see anyone. Liverpool brought on El Zhar, and yesterday, Man United brought on Carlos Tevez. That's the difference between the best and second best teams in this division.

Kevin Nolan, you dirty *******. Rightly sent off for that, hope he gets a decent ban, that was a horiffic tackle. 2 footed, off the ground, could easily have broken Anichebe's leg. Horrible tackle.

More concerned about Arteta at the moment... Could be another Cahill moment from 2008.

Rafa's not cracking up.
Read all his comments at the infamous press conference and ever since, it's amazingly funny:D My personal favourite was:

"It was mad out there, there were tackles flying in":D

PhilD123 added 2 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Add that to bringing Gerrard off when you're drawing 1-1 away at Wigan and doing something similar with Torres in one game, and you'll find he's just a fat Spanish waiter:).

Don't mind 0-0s but the football on display in this match has been dire. If only Owen and Arteta were fit.

w00t! Man City! Really should have lost though, prefer seeing Liverpool win over Man U :p

C'mon EVERTON! Get a goal already! :p

Draw :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread