English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want my 90 minutes back. Actually it was a fair bit more than 90.

and wahey :D :D City are good for something I suppose.

Looking good even if we're playing pretty averagely at the moment. :D

Since I wasn't on yesterday, lemme say:

I fear for our game against Roma without Arshavin. He was class and without him, Cesc, Tomas and Walcott, unless Nasri and VP are on top form, we're fudged. We do look solid defensively though but that's not too hard when teams keep playing one up front.

Secondly, I thought Howard Webb was supposed to be the best ref in the league and he bottled it twice yesterday. No surprises though.

Thirdly, even though I dislike Ronaldo's diving, I love how the BBC are more than happy to highlight it but are yet to acknowledge Gerrard's a diving twat.

God, we were laughing about Arteta in the pub when they said he was in the back of car. Had this image of a bunch of scousers who had nicked a Fiesta and hacking it back to Newcastle with the front window smashed in and the exhaust hanging off :p Nolan was a right idiot for that tackle (it looked so much worse on the replay) but at least he had the balls to apologise, which many footballers wouldn't have done.

Was pleased by the Newcastle performance, defence looked pretty strong for once. Nice to see Martins back as well.

Thirdly, even though I dislike Ronaldo's diving, I love how the BBC are more than happy to highlight it but are yet to acknowledge Gerrard's a diving twat.

Lineker once took a little dig at him but obviously the BBC don't want to highlight saint Stevies diving.

Sky are talking about Malouda being consistent. I don't think I've ever see him play great :D

I don't think I've ever see him play great :D
Well I suppose he is consistent then.:p

Webb made mistakes for both sides yesterday, Evans' header should have stood, while the Pedersen incident probably was a penalty, although Pedersen made the most of it. The thing about penalties at OT is nonsense anyway, annoys me how that gets brought up every time the opposition doesn't get one. I made a post about three or four months back showing that United had more penalties given against them at home than any other team out of the top 4 in the last 3 or 4 years. Added to that, Derby and Hull have had pens at OT this season.

Ronaldo needs to stamp out the petulant side to his game, and the diving, but yeah, as soon as Ronaldo gets a free kick, it's "he made the most of it", whereas if anyone comes near Starfish Steve it's a definite foul.

Last edited:
I don't see why Fergie benched Vidic yesterday, he's suspended for the INter game on Tuesday anyway so why was he on the bench???

Probably to get Evans match fit, that worked well though.:rolleyes: Looks like O'Shea will be centre back on Tuesday. The even more strange decision for me was leaving out Van Der Sar, he's in top form, and he'll have a rest next weekend. Can't see how he'd be too tired recently anyway. Oh and P.I.G. isn't good enough.

Seems as MotD draws on, the 'pundits' lose the ability to talk in actual sentences. After the Arsenal game, all Hansen used were separate phrases.

It were a horrible tackled by Nolan but he apologized to Vic after it so no harm done. Well, except to Anichebe's leg.

We have to be one of the unluckiest teams in the world as well. Arteta out for the season and that pretty much ends our hopes of winning the FA Cup or nicking 4th. Why's it always the nice players who get injured for the season and not bellended nobheads like Bellamy and the whole Spurs team?

A clean sheet was a refreshing change today. Nolan was a bit of a twat though. Few more weeks of Butt and Geremi in midfield. Joy.

Arshavin was outstanding on Saturday, he deserved a goal. He WILL be the playmaker Arsenal are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread