English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Carling Cup Final Dream was for Tottenham to lose and David Bentley to cock it up for them. Stoke did us a favour too.

Great day of football :D

It was :D. Ronaldo was unlucky with the last minute chance. He shouldn't have been booked though, it was a clear penalty. Rio deserved the MOTM imo. He was class and made some great tackles. Utd do the double already :D.

No-one cares about United. No-one likes Spurs or Bentley. It's only the CC but it meant so much to 'Arry and Spurs that it's hilarious that they didn't win it.

Hate all this talk of winning loads of trophies. It's miles too early.

happy to win though :D :D Should have had a peno but oh well. Wasn't impressed by Gibson at all. Shame to win on penos but oh well, I'll take it. We just need to get Rooney back fit. Thought Anderson was class when he came on, we need guys like him and Giggs to make chances really, we don't have big enough guys just to get it wide and cross it.

happy to win though :D :D Should have had a peno but oh well. Wasn't impressed by Gibson at all. Shame to win on penos but oh well, I'll take it. We just need to get Rooney back fit. Thought Anderson was class when he came on, we need guys like him and Giggs to make chances really, we don't have big enough guys just to get it wide and cross it.

Neither was I. He was really poor today. He kept losing the ball and giving it away.

Agreed about Gibson and Anderson, Gibson just won't make it at United, simple as that, and Anderson added some much needed pace driving forward when he came on. Nani was woeful though, just really woeful. I can't see any improvement from him now to the player he was 18 months ago when he came. Just gotta hope Tosic is good enough.

Had a good day anyway. Stood through the game without any bother, good atmosphere at times. Wembley looks the business, but it hasn't got the character of Old Trafford or some other grounds. Can't handle a large crowd too if half time is anything to go by.

Oh yeah, walked past Gabriel Clarke's (ITV interviewer) car as he was getting out of it in the car park too:p.

Last edited:

Agreed about the trophies: we should just take it game by game and see where we are come April/May. If we're still in the FA Cup and CL by then, that's the time to talk of the clean sweep. Agreed about Nani as well, he needs to kick on now, like Ronaldo did (!)

I have to disagree about Gibson though. Granted, he wasn't the best yesterday, but I think he's had some very good games for Utd.

Foster for England! In any case, he can't do worse than Calamity James!

Yep, agreed about the trophies too. There are still some very good teams in both the FA Cup and the Champions League. It can be decided by the smallest of margins (look at the Terry's penalty miss last year:D) I can't see us doing the Champions League this year for some reason.

we shouldn't even be talking about winning everything if we're in the champions league final and have won everything else.

we shouldn't even be talking about winning everything if we're in the champions league final and have won everything else.

True. Still, it doesn't really matter what us humble fans do or think, as long as the boys stay focused!

Come on, Utd!!!!! :happy

Just seen the team, it looks very strong, including the bench and we've got a very good record at St. James'. However, can't help but feel that we're going to slip up somewhere, and got a bad feeling that this is going to be the night where it happens. Would love to be proved wrong however.

Phil, do you use pessimism as a cushion when you really know that United are going to win? We've been trying it at Carrow Road and we won last night so there's something in it.

If you go into every game pessimistic it pays off. Well that's not true, I'm lucky to be a Manc because we win the majority of our games, if you were pessimistic ahead of every game you might end up killing yourself Lee :D

Villa should be 8 points ahead. Out of the Fa Cup, Uefa Cup and dropping points.

It's not just us that has a shite Feb/March every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread