English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing that first half by Utd against Fulham, I have to say how amazing the Tevez/Rooney partnership is. Berbatov has skill, but not half the work-rate of Tevez and I think we should move Heaven and Earth to keep Tevez, not just for his abilities alone (which are extensive), but also for his sheer understanding with Rooney. Not too sure where Berabtov fits in long term, for me, Tevez/Rooney is by far our best strike partnership.

Agree with you there. I've been saying all season that Tevez should definitely start. Berbatov has improved his work rate a lot but he's not the kind of player that works best with Rooney, Ronaldo etc. Tevez runs around all over the pitch. Berbatov sticks to one place.

Agree with you there. I've been saying all season that Tevez should definitely start. Berbatov has improved his work rate a lot but he's not the kind of player that works best with Rooney, Ronaldo etc. Tevez runs around all over the pitch. Berbatov sticks to one place.

Problem is, Berba isn't the type of player to sit happily on the bench, unlike Tevez appears to be. And we work better with two up front, not three. I don't think I've seen a striker with a higher work rate ever before, the guy is an absolute dynamo!

I agree Berbatov is a good player and all but just doesn't cut it at Manchester United. United are a very strong team and he just isn't good enough. One of the bad buys from Alex.

I agree Berbatov is a good player and all but just doesn't cut it at Manchester United. United are a very strong team and he just isn't good enough. One of the bad buys from Alex.

He's not a bad buy, he just doesn't work as well in the team as Tevez does.

He's a good player and he's doing well this season. Just not as well as Tevez, who's doing fantastically. That doesn't mean he's a bad buy.

Which means he's a bad buy. It's Manchester united. The second most successful club in England ever. They can replace someone like tevez. So Berbatov is a bad buy.
Domestically they are now THE most successful English club.

And yet, Tevez will probably be dumped on the bench again on Wednesday! I hope not, if there's one thing we'll need on Wednesday is a high work rate from the whole team....Tevez or Berbatov?

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Which means he's a bad buy. It's Manchester united. The second most successful club in England ever. They can replace someone like tevez. So Berbatov is a bad buy.

How do you mean, we can replace someone like Tevez? He's a one off for me, as a striker. I thought Rooney worked his arse off, but Tevez tops even him!

Domestically they are now THE most successful English club.
Sorry Lee, I'd love us to be, but until we get one more, we're not!:p

It's 31-32 at the moment, however, if we get one more then I think we can claim to be as the FA Cup takes precendence over the League Cup. Here's hoping!

Berbatov wasn't a bad buy, his form since December has been brilliant, look at the points he's won us:

Boro 1-0 (Berbatov)
Bolton 1-0 (Berbatov)
Newcastle 1-0 (Berbatov)

That's not including his goal against Chelsea or others, we'd be not doing too much better than the dippers without them goals! I love Tevez, he's great at playing for the team. Berbatov however, is just superior technically to most other players in the league. That's the problem with the English game, we tend to rate someone who runs instead of someone who is technically gifted (which is what is really needed). It's why Carrick has been left out of the England team time and time again. Until that changes, England won't win a major tournament.

Still want to keep Tevez though, he's brilliant!

Last edited:
To play it you need to be either the Premier champions or FA Cup winners. I don't see why it isn't a trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread