English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not including his goal against Chelsea or others, we'd be not doing too much better than the dippers without them goals! I love Tevez, he's great at playing for the team. Berbatov however, is just superior technically to most other players in the league. That's the problem with the English game, we tend to rate someone who runs instead of someone who is technically gifted (which is what is really needed). It's why Carrick has been left out of the England team time and time again. Until that changes, England won't win a major tournament.

Exactly! It's also why England doesn't produce technically sound players. They teach them how to play and everything like that but no Robinho etc. It all comes down to coaching. Lampard can do his role in midfield extremely well but when it comes takeing on players and scoring a goal he has trouble.

Cos it's a shield.

:D
:D

Lee, if you want clarification on whether it's a trophy or not, look at the way the fans and team celebrate when they win it/commiserate after losing it.

I'd only really care about it if we were playing City or Liverpool, and even then it'd come a big distance behind the league games.

It's a game made only for charity (hence the community shield name), and to line the FA's pockets a bit.

Exactly! It's also why England doesn't produce technically sound players. They teach them how to play and everything like that but no Robinho etc. It all comes down to coaching. Lampard can do his role in midfield extremely well but when it comes takeing on players and scoring a goal he has trouble.

The thing about Tevez though, is he works very hard and is good technically as well.

Wait weren't you against Berbatov a moment ago =/ ?

Don't get me wrong, I think Berbatov's a great player, just that I reckon Tevez is better value for money.

n00bs performance from Vidic today, he was just totally off it. First the bad decision for the goal and then he just looked rattled all game. The Utd penalty was just clearly going to happen when the ball got past Evra straight away. Utd haven't played badly though, just that Liverpool have played very well. Even though Utd look to lose this one, Man D rules.

Did the same last year at Chelsea. Crap. Get the hairdryer out.

This was always going to happen. We played crap against Inter midweek, could just have easily been them.

n00bs could've defended better! When that useless tub of lard, Dossena, scores against you you know your team's played badly. Well Utd may have played terribly but Man D rules.

Well atleast we didnt concede four to Liverpool at home. Manure should still win the Premier League but I seriously doubt they have the quality to defend the Champions League, where I think now Liverpool are strong favourites if Torres and Gerrard remain fit.

Fantastic performance by Liverpool. Apart from the first quarter of the game Liverpool just dominated. Still don't think it will be enough to stop Man U from winning the title, but it's certainly made things a little more interesting.

I'm annoyed though; Vidic is in my fantasy team. I also maintain my opinion that Jagielka is the best centre-back in the country.

Always a game I want both teams to lose when Liverpool/Man U meet but I guess this is good for Chelsea at least!
Everton 2-0 up but Arsenal winning as well sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread