English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil, do you use pessimism as a cushion when you really know that United are going to win? We've been trying it at Carrow Road and we won last night so there's something in it.
Sort of yeah;). But tonight I did actually have a worrying feeling. Fantastic result in a very tough game. Taylor should have been sent off (2 yellow card offences in about 5 seconds), but the way he made the mistake for the 2nd goal meant justice was done.:)

Villa should be 8 points ahead. Out of the Fa Cup, Uefa Cup and dropping points.

It's not just us that has a shite Feb/March every year.

Villa's engine has now well and truly blown.

Good result tonight for the lads in a very tough game. Taylor did enough to go twice tonight and Van der Sar looked a bit shaky, but we'll allow him the odd bad game, eh? ;)

We deserved a point out of that game. I haven't seen what Taylor did to Ronaldo, but he is a little bit of scum, so I would be happy if he broke Ronaldo's leg (that is the only player I would ever say that against. I despise him)

We are playing better though, reckon we could have a chance against Arsenal at St.J's

It was only the first yellow that was on Ronaldo really, he like grabbed him and shoved him to the floor. Then the ball went to Carrick, who played it, only to have to try and jump as Taylor went underneath him.

Last edited:
We deserved a point out of that game. I haven't seen what Taylor did to Ronaldo, but he is a little bit of scum, so I would be happy if he broke Ronaldo's leg (that is the only player I would ever say that against. I despise him)

We are playing better though, reckon we could have a chance against Arsenal at St.J's

That's the type of opinion I can never understand. You don't know the man. You know nothing about how he is as a person, yet you wish him a physical injury like that!

Disgraceful. :noway

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

It was only the first yellow that was on Ronaldo really, he liked grabbed him and shoved him to the floor. Then the ball went to Carrick, who played it, only to have to try and jump as Taylor went underneath him.

Sky Commentator described it as a 'forearm smash'.

Wenger to Manchester City. :idea

:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl

Wenger to Manchester City. :idea

:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl

Why the hell would he want to go to a bunch of losers like that, when something very good is clearly building up at Arsenal (provided you sign a few more defensive players as well as Arshavin et al)?!!

City are such a laughing stock! :rtfl:

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Van Der Sar has had his moment now, bring in Foster :p

Hold on there matey, he had one bad game! Foster's the future, but Van der Star ain't done yet...

Hold on there matey, he had one bad game! Foster's the future, but Van der Star ain't done yet...

I'm going to hope and presume that's humour.;)
Note the :p
I haven't seen the highlights yet but apparently van Der Sar fluffed a shot which allowed Gutierrez to score. I would like to see Foster get more games after his heroics on Sunday but Van Der Sar can stay as number 1 for a bit longer.

Yeah it was a blunder, but I can accept that with his last like 15 games or so!;) I wouldn't mind him making another blunder if he went the same time without conceding again (as long as it was not in Rome:p).

That's the type of opinion I can never understand. You don't know the man. You know nothing about how he is as a person, yet you wish him a physical injury like that!

Disgraceful. :noway

Yeah, he is just a poor mis-understood guy, and doesn't act like an arrogant twat :rolleyes: You're a typical Man Utd fan, thinking the sun shines out of your players rear end. You weren't so defensive of Ronaldo when he was trying to leave. I distinctly remember all you guys saying what a piece of scum he was.

And yeah he is the only sportsman in the whole world who I would wish an injury on.

Yeah, he is just a poor mis-understood guy, and doesn't act like an arrogant twat :rolleyes: You're a typical Man Utd fan, thinking the sun shines out of your players rear end. You weren't so defensive of Ronaldo when he was trying to leave. I distinctly remember all you guys saying what a piece of scum he was.

And yeah he is the only sportsman in the whole world who I would wish an injury on.
I don't defend him a lot of the time, he acts petulantly and it annoys the hell out of me. However, all this nonsense just makes people seem very bitter. If he played for another team, I wouldn't like him, but I would at least appreciate his talent. Most of the people are still bitter "In-gur-land" fans from the World Cup, when Ronaldo did nothing wrong.

All the booing he gets is doing more to get United fans behind him. For example, Stoke gave him barrages of it at OT (almost like they hadn't got any half-decent songs of their own:rolleyes:), and for the first time in the season, there was a proper Viva Ronaldo going round. While this might be a difficult thing to get your head around for fans of some other clubs, we'll stick up for our own, and while he's in that red shirt, he's our own.

Last edited:
He has amazing talent. Yet he couldn't be like Giggs or Scholes, he acts like an arrogant tosser. His diving and play acting doesn't help. But yeah, I appreciate your view Phil, at least you're a true Manu Utd fan and are willing to admit his faults unlike others......

I don't think the 'sun shines out of his rear end' at all. And I never called Ronaldo scum when he was trying to leave! I'm just saying you know nothing of the man of the pitch, out of the public eye.

MasterBlaster76 added 6 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

He has amazing talent. Yet he couldn't be like Giggs or Scholes, he acts like an arrogant tosser. His diving and play acting doesn't help. But yeah, I appreciate your view Phil, at least you're a true Manu Utd fan and are willing to admit his faults unlike others......

I never said he didn't have faults! I don't like his play acting and so on either, but like it or not, it's a part of him (and a great many other players as well). What I'm trying to get across to you is that you do not know the man off the pitch, so to wish such an injury on him is out of order. And no, I don't think he'll be like Giggs or Scholes either, he'll not stay at Utd for too much longer I wouldn't have thought. But, then again, there are very few Giggs and Scholes type players in the game, players who show career long loyalty to one club and they're getting fewer as time goes on.

I mean, I can't bloody stand Maradona, for example. But I'd never wish him such a long lasting physical injury...

And one other thing: Are you saying someone isn't a true fan if they can't admit someone's faults? I'd say more accurately, they're too much of a fan. If he played for Liverpool or someone, I wouldn't like him either (I would be able to appreciate his talent, as I can with Gerrard, Torres et al), but I still wouldn't wish such an injury on him.

MasterBlaster76 added 3 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

While this might be a difficult thing to get your head around for fans of some other clubs, we'll stick up for our own, and while he's in that red shirt, he's our own.

Exactly! As all fans do, we stick up for our own players.

Anyway, to change the subject a bit: I'm glad Beckham's staying with AC Milan. The Galaxy is below him and he never should've gone there. I just hope they can engineer a permanent move after December. He's still got a lot to offer both for club football and for England, so he needs to play for a top team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread