English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can United be champions of Europe and Champions of the World when they lost the Uefa Super Cup to ZstP?

It's a similar method of entry to the World Club Championships that it is for the Uefa Super Cup yet one's regarded as meaningless?

Well they are both meaningless it's just the media love the tagline "world champions"

I need somewhere to rant and let my anger out and this is the place I have chosen.

Why do I spend money and time watching such an annoying and useless sport? Everytime I watch my team we either lose or throw away a win in the dying seconds. I am always not watching a game when we do win and then think 'Yeh, that was a good win. When I watch them next they'll play like that'. Well that never bloody happens. Everytime we play on TV the ref is a joke. Why can't the FA actually find some god damn good refs to referee the important games shown on TV? It's beyond a joke. We (Bristol City) had an important game on Sky today against Cardiff, and yes, I didn't think we'd win but to be so close and see one of our best players (Basso, the keeper) make a stupid mistake and throw it away just takes the piss. I hate football!

Well that didn't really help at all... :rolleyes:

How can United be champions of Europe and Champions of the World when they lost the Uefa Super Cup to ZstP?

It's a similar method of entry to the World Club Championships that it is for the Uefa Super Cup yet one's regarded as meaningless?

Besides Spain are the Champions of Europe and Italy are the Champions of the World.:rolleyes:

Besides Spain are the Champions of Europe and Italy are the Champions of the World.:rolleyes:

This is club football not international football. Club football is played by teams representing local areas or cities. They usually compete with each other in leagues for a part of the country like the northern leagues or just national leagues. There are particular levels to these leagues, the best teams compete in the top leagues and can be relegated or promoted based on how well they do. International football is played by teams representing countries. They compete in friendly matches, in continental cups and the world cup, a competion involving the best national sides from across the globe. They have to qualify for these so will play each other in qualifiers to get to these competitions.

Because the Champions League ranks above the Uefa Cup. Simple as.

Wow didn't know you played for Manchester United.

It's what you say when you're a fan of the team. :rolleyes:

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

I've got an even more simple explanation. We won the Champions League, so that makes us Champions of Europe. We won the World Club Championship, so that makes us Club Champions of the World. It's very simple, really. :rolleyes:

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

What? I just said its not that difficult to concede four goals to Liverpool, and now you have done it, despite having the best defender in the Premier League (thats what they say).

Yes, and you also call Utd 'Manure' at every possible opportunity, as though you're a dyed in the wool Liverpool/City/Arsenal/Chelski fan! You're a Madrid fan primarily (allegedly) although it's hard to tell from the amount of clubs you claim to support, so I don't get why you label Utd as 'Manure'.

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

Another small little FACT. You have lost twice to Liverpool this season, home and away, conceding 5 goals in the process.

Fans are part of a club.

Your point being? I hate losing to them, but I love winning trophies more. We lost twice to City last season, but that was more than made up for by doing the league and european cup double.

Exactly. That's why a fan says 'we', anyone who doesn't understand that isn't a football supporter. Also Phil, I remember we were beaten twice by Chelsea years back, but it didn't matter a damn in the end when we walked off with the Premier League plus the FA Cup! Enjoy your little triumph, Liverpool fans, but I doubt it'll mean anything come May...

As for losing twice to Liverpool, fair play yesterday, they were the better team, but as for the Anfield game? An own goal (when we were running the game) and a lucky shinned into the ground 'shot'. One of the many examples of Liverpool being lucky.

Yeh, a footballer showing off to the cameras, showing his passion after scoring by kissing the TV camera, shoot the bloke. Scandalous.

Seriously Phil, small things really do wind you up whenever Man Utd are involved. You'd have been loving it and it would never have been mentioned if it was Ronaldo that did that. Ridiculous.

In more important news. Fellaini's hair :eek: What's he done? The Afro was immense, now he just looks like an uglier, taller version of Stephen Pienaar, bring back the 'fro.

showing his passion after scoring by kissing the TV camera
Ahahahahahahahahahahaha. That's probably the funniest line on here in ages. Wanna read that again to make sure you meant it?

He's playing in front of 3,000 of his own supporters in the biggest game of the season and the first thing he does is run to the camera. I'd be cringing if Ronaldo did it, which he has done in the past, but isn't Gerrard supposed to be this passionate lionheart who wouldn't dive and only thinks of his supporters?:rolleyes:

I have a question about European places that hopefully someone can help me with...
Top 4 CL, 5th UEFA obviously then:
FA cup winners,
League Cup winners
Fair play winners (sometimes)
Assuming Spurs get the league cup spot what will happen to the FA cup spot if both finalists are going into the CL?
For example Man U play Chelski again - who gets the spot? Does it go to semi-finalist. Last season might give us some clues.
Just trying to figure out how Everton are going to get into Europe cos despite being 10 points clear in 6th Villa have denied us our usual 5th spot this season.
As always finishers 1 and 2 will qualify for the Champions League, 3 and 4 will play in a qualifying round for the CL. 5th place qualifies for the Europa League. Since a CL team won the Carling Cup, the 6th placed team will go into the EL. If a CL/EL team wins the FA Cup, 7th place also goes into the EL. The runners-up don't get the place. With the change from the UEFA Cup to the Europa League next, there is no more Intertoto Cup either. England are highly unlikely to win the Fair Play league so it doesn't come into it.

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha. That's probably the funniest line on here in ages. Wanna read that again to make sure you meant it?

He's playing in front of 3,000 of his own supporters in the biggest game of the season and the first thing he does is run to the camera. I'd be cringing if Ronaldo did it, which he has done in the past, but isn't Gerrard supposed to be this passionate lionheart who wouldn't dive and only thinks of his supporters?:rolleyes:

I didn't mean showing his passion to the Liverpool fans by kissing the camera, but showing how much scoring a goal means to him. You don't really think when you score an important goal, and just act on instinct, and that's what he did. The fact that he's gone down in your estimations because of it is hilarious. Just sums you up really, if he'd done that against anyone but United you'd have ignored it.

I didn't mean showing his passion to the Liverpool fans by kissing the camera, but showing how much scoring a goal means to him. You don't really think when you score an important goal, and just act on instinct, and that's what he did. The fact that he's gone down in your estimations because of it is hilarious. Just sums you up really, if he'd done that against anyone but United you'd have ignored it.
Erm, no I wouldn't. But there'd have been less of a reason for me to be watching.

Still laughing at your line:D

If that's his instinct, then something is very wrong with football.

That bloke taking the picture is a disgrace.

As for Gerrard, he can kiss the camera. Just like he kisses the badge on his chest and hands in a transfer request. :D Won't change the fact he's married to a coke addict who sleeps around. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread