English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No "The baby's not yours" yesterday unfortunately.:p

Ah well, at least Alex and her baby won't get left alone if he gets a night or two in prison later this week.

As a Man Utd fan the baisedness of some Man Utd fans on here scares me. What's wrong with him going to kiss the camera for his celebration.

This is the exact reason why I don't post in this thread very often. What you Man U fans say is just plain stupid...

*Tin hat well and truly on*

Maybe because football isn't about TV and the armchair supporter and how good Gerrard looks to them?

Lol,

There is nothing wrong with how Gerrard celebrated I fail to see the point your trying to make on this.

As always finishers 1 and 2 will qualify for the Champions League, 3 and 4 will play in a qualifying round for the CL. 5th place qualifies for the Europa League. Since a CL team won the Carling Cup, the 6th placed team will go into the EL. If a CL/EL team wins the FA Cup, 7th place also goes into the EL. The runners-up don't get the place. With the change from the UEFA Cup to the Europa League next, there is no more Intertoto Cup either. England are highly unlikely to win the Fair Play league so it doesn't come into it.
I believe 3rd is straight into group stages this year.

To the United fans claiming that entry into the WCC is because they are champions of Europe, the WCC is as meaningful as the UEFA Super Cup which you obviously don't regard as meaningful at all. Therefore, champions of the World is just a moniker you made up.

Also, not a bad weekend at all for us :D

I love how the Man U fans got all defensive when people poke some fun at them for losing 4-1. Not only on the net, but in my school too! Get a sense of humour, it's just some light hearted fun. You support a champion side, you expect this.

Lol, not all Man Utd fans are like that. I like to think Im not like that anyway.

To be fair, if United are going to lose to anyone, it might as well be the one English team that are bigger than them :)

To the United fans claiming that entry into the WCC is because they are champions of Europe, the WCC is as meaningful as the UEFA Super Cup which you obviously don't regard as meaningful at all. Therefore, champions of the World is just a moniker you made up.
Champions League is greater than the Uefa Cup, you have to finish higher in your own league to get into it, therefore the winner is greater.

Whereas the teams in the World Club Championship are made up of the winners of the continental equivalents of the Champions League. It's like saying Italy won't be World Champions if they lose next year's confederations cup.

Simple enough?

Liverpool bigger than us.:D

The whole delight at Liverpool winning from Arsenal, Newcastle, Everton, Madridchelseafiorentina FC, really means that the ABU nation theory can not be challenged. For Arsenal, surely a United win would have been better for you, as there was still a distinct possibility that you could have sneaked into third if they'd gone on a bad run. I suppose seeing a defeat for the greatest team in the land makes up for that? Hated, adored, but NEVER ignored. Wouldn't want it any other way.:)

If a defeat from that shower doesn't hurt you as a United fan, in Fergie's words "Go and support Chelsea".

Phil, I already know what you meant but you can't pick and choose which competitions mean anything.

As for the love for the result yesterday from ABU, I wanted you to win as I thought Liverpool might keep dropping points. However, it was HILARIOUS watching United get stuffed at home especially after the stick United fans gave Liverpool. It was like the Tottenham 5-1 but even worse.

The fact that everyone finds it funny is because no-one likes United fans. They're arrogant and a disproportionate amount (not you or some of my Manc-following mates) only support United because of their success and throw up the 'Have you ever done the treble?' line in ANY argument.

I don't like Liverpool, Spurs or Chelsea fans but none of those teams happened to get thrashed on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread