English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just watched the highlights of the game on a repeat of Super Sunday - The Last Word and I can't believe how careless we were, in attack as well as defence! There were at least two occasions where a simple ball played to Rooney would've most likely led to a goal - one when all Evra had to do was roll the ball across the area, but instead tried some cross/shot effort that was never going to work and then when Ronaldo had the ball and just had to drop it over the Liverpool back line to Rooney and badly overhit it. We would've been two or three up at half time and out of sight! Don't be surprised if Fulham feel a backlash, Sir Alex will be determined to stamp out such sloppiness. As everyone's been saying, the mark of a great team is how it responds to such defeats.

Also, to those getting all hopeful of our season collapsing now, just remember what happened last time we were beaten in the Premiership by Arsenal...

By the way, lol at West Ham having to shell out ?25m over the Tevez affair! :)

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article5904470.ece

You have to laugh. Old Tommo getting all excited in the papers saying that 'Utd are cracking up', just because we had a bad game!! Sorry to burst the bubble Tommo, but as Crerand on the opposite page said, we need to lose three league games of our remaining games in order for Liverpool (or anyone else) to overtake us and I agree with him when he says he just can't see that happening. It just goes to show how terrified the rest of the league is of Utd when we have one bad game and everyone swarms all over it, full of hope.

You have to laugh. Old Tommo getting all excited in the papers saying that 'Utd are cracking up', just because we had a bad game!! Sorry to burst the bubble Tommo, but as Crerand on the opposite page said, we need to lose three league games of our remaining games in order for Liverpool (or anyone else) to overtake us and I agree with him when he says he just can't see that happening. It just goes to show how terrified the rest of the league is of Utd when we have one bad game and everyone swarms all over it, full of hope.

You might still win the league, but no one is scared of you.

Phil Borwn is not a happy bunny. looks like Fabregas could be in trouble too. Bit twattish of Wenger not to shake his hand. It's silly. Brown was a bit harsh on that lino though, it wasn't the easiest decision imo.

Can you sum it up in a short paragraph what's happened Joe for those of us (Me:p) that didn't watch it? Heard something about Fabregas spitting at the Hull assistant?

Arsenal don't like Hull. Hull don't like Arsenal. Arsenal scored an offside goal. They showed it on a 50 inch screen to Wenger. Wenger still maintained he couldn't see it. Wenger complained about Hull timewasting. Hull didn't like it. Arsene Wenger didn't shake hands. Arsenal said they deserved the win. Hull said they were cheated by bent linesman. Phil Brown said Fabregas spat at his assistant. Wenger said he didn't.

You let yourself down on the 4th sentence, otherwise every sentence would have been started with a noun:D. Excellent summing up

Sounds like his eyesight hasn't improved then.

Phil Brown's a twat. Again, we're in for criticism. Apparently, our supporters were too loud and influenced the game :rolleyes:

When Liverpool do it, they are the best fans in the world. Plus, how dare Wenger have the gall to complain about time-wasting? Hull, should be able to take an entire half to take a free-kick if they want to.

As for Cesc, there's no evidence to suggest he did spit except a very bitter losing team. As for Wenger, why should he go over to Phil Brown? Brown wasn't exactly magnimonious in defeat.

Why Wenger not shake hands to Brown ? is reason Cesc spitting at Hull number two manager !

Phil Brown's given at least 3 different versions of what happened. He changed the place it happened and where he was when it did.

So apparently Fabregas spat at Winston Churchill at 10 Downing Street during D Day. I have to say that's very naughty from Cesc. Spitting on our finest primeminister like that.

Arsenal don't like Hull. Hull don't like Arsenal. Arsenal scored an offside goal. They showed it on a 50 inch screen to Wenger. Wenger still maintained he couldn't see it. Wenger complained about Hull timewasting. Hull didn't like it. Arsene Wenger didn't shake hands. Arsenal said they deserved the win. Hull said they were cheated by bent linesman. Phil Brown said Fabregas spat at his assistant. Wenger said he didn't.

Much needed humour. But one mistake. I read in the papers today morning, that it was Hull who accused Arsenal of using time wasting tactics and not the other way round. Correct me still if I'm wrong.

Much needed humour. But one mistake. I read in the papers today morning, that it was Hull who accused Arsenal of using time wasting tactics and not the other way round. Correct me still if I'm wrong.

The Hull goalkeeper was booked for timewasting. However Hull were the ones who were complaining as they believe it was Arsene Weneger putting pressure on the referee that made him give a yellow card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread