English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Super Cup is just the European version of the Charity Shield, which I really couldn't care about winning. If Portsmouth had beat United in that this season, would they have qualified as Champions of England?

You have to lose games to be in the UEFA cup.

I agree with that sentiment but I also feel the same way about the WCC. You're facing teams from much lesser leagues.

If they're inferior teams (which I agree they are), and we're the champions of Europe, then surely we are Champions of the world?

Depends if you're actually Champions of Europe. If the UEFA Super Cup meant anything, you wouldn't be.

I don't buy into this ABU nonsense. I think there would be the same response for Liverpool had dominated for 19 years and had been beaten 4-1. The score was read out at Carrow Road and there was a cheer. Only though, because the champions were heavily beaten.

Depends if you're actually Champions of Europe. If the UEFA Super Cup meant anything, you wouldn't be.
I thought we'd decided that the UEFA Super Cup didn't mean anything as you have to lose games to get into the UEFA Cup, which is played by inferior teams. We are Champions of Europe as we won the Champions League, ie the competition played by the best teams in Europe and we won our own league to boot.

Can't help feeling we're going around in circles.:p

We're just generally disliked Lee, it's what you get for being the biggest club in the land. The scousers are seen as "happy-go-lucky, chirpy, witty and passionate". Unfortunately, this myth is believed by the Southern-based press, who are scared to say anything about them in fear of a boycott. Mancunians seem to be the only ones who can see through this.

To be fair, if United are going to lose to anyone, it might as well be the one English team that are bigger than them :)

Man City?:D

Anyways, Gerrard definitely did not dive, and Vidic, as good as a player he is, deserved to be sent off really. Very few penalties are given against Manure anyways. It used to amaze me.

m_vaughan added 1 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

If they're inferior teams (which I agree they are), and we're the champions of Europe, then surely we are Champions of the world?

No you are the Champions League winners and Club World Cup champions. Thats how it is called officially and terms you have been using are used only for international football and the two highest accolades in the sport.

I thought we'd decided that the UEFA Super Cup didn't mean anything as you have to lose games to get into the UEFA Cup, which is played by inferior teams. We are Champions of Europe as we won the Champions League, ie the competition played by the best teams in Europe and we won our own league to boot.

Can't help feeling we're going around in circles.:p

We're just generally disliked Lee, it's what you get for being the biggest club in the land. The scousers are seen as "happy-go-lucky, chirpy, witty and passionate". Unfortunately, this myth is believed by the Southern-based press, who are scared to say anything about them in fear of a boycott. Mancunians seem to be the only ones who can see through this.

We are going round in circles.

"happy-go-lucky, chirpy, witty and passionate"

I don't know anyone who believes that. They're about as cocky as United fans especially when they are doing well.

Gerrard did dive.

One more point, we saw history yesterday at OT. A pen given to the away side. That's a collector's item.

Not that I like Liverpool despite their strong Spanish contingent but with one more domestic title and two more European crowns, I'd say they are the biggest club in England. Just as we are bigger than Barca.

Haven't seen the highlights since I got back from the match and don't want to, so can't comment on the decisions. All of them looked pretty fair from where I was in the game though.

One more point, we saw history yesterday at OT. A pen given to the away side. That's a collector's item.
Jesus wept! Do I have to go through this again!?

Check this post:

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...all-thread-08-09-a-34534-209.html#post1199954

Now this season:

Geovanni for Hull
Giles Barnes for Derby
Gerrard for dippers now.

Hey ho, never let facts get in the way of a good myth.

Ferdinand and Brown. Two clear OT handballs that weren't given last season off the top of my head. The Ferdinand handball might have been at Wigan which was away but Wes Brown hammered the ball with his fist into row Z and it wasn't given.

I guess it might be as true as the claim Arsenal hinder the National team.

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha. That's probably the funniest line on here in ages. Wanna read that again to make sure you meant it?

He's playing in front of 3,000 of his own supporters in the biggest game of the season and the first thing he does is run to the camera. I'd be cringing if Ronaldo did it, which he has done in the past, but isn't Gerrard supposed to be this passionate lionheart who wouldn't dive and only thinks of his supporters?:rolleyes:

Reminds me of when Maradona ran over and tried to eat the camera during a World Cup match! Not quite as bad though, do you remember the look Maradona had in his eyes? Mind you, he was doped up at that point...

Last edited:
Ferdinand and Brown. Two clear OT handballs that weren't given last season off the top of my head. The Ferdinand handball might have been at Wigan which was away but Wes Brown hammered the ball with his fist into row Z and it wasn't given.

I guess it might be as true as the claim Arsenal hinder the National team.
Brilliant, mistakes are made at all teams. And yes the Ferdinand one was away. I'm sure the opponents at the Emirates have had pens turned that should have been given. But when you say "away teams never get penalties at old trafford", when they do not too infrequently, what you're saying is clearly false.

This is what I mean about Scousers, I bet you none of the press will pick this up tomorrow:

Viddler.com - Pre match sing song at Old Trafford yesterday - Uploaded by scoopex

Note their choice of song and choice of inflatable toy.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread