English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about European places that hopefully someone can help me with...
Top 4 CL, 5th UEFA obviously then:
FA cup winners,
League Cup winners
Fair play winners (sometimes)
Assuming Spurs get the league cup spot what will happen to the FA cup spot if both finalists are going into the CL?
For example Man U play Chelski again - who gets the spot? Does it go to semi-finalist. Last season might give us some clues.
Just trying to figure out how Everton are going to get into Europe cos despite being 10 points clear in 6th Villa have denied us our usual 5th spot this season.

Well atleast we didnt concede four to Liverpool at home. Manure should still win the Premier League but I seriously doubt they have the quality to defend the Champions League, where I think now Liverpool are strong favourites if Torres and Gerrard remain fit.

That's what I don't get about you. You claim to be a Real Madrid fan primarily, but call Utd 'Manure' at every opportunity. Why? If anyone should be slinging names around, it should be Man Utd at Madrid, because they keep trying to use us as some kind of feeder club! I mean, I 'sort of' followed Inter Milan back when Paul Ince was with them, but I never referred to AC Milan as 'the scum', or anything like that...

Always good to see Man Utd brought back down to earth :D They will still win the title though

Should do, but I've just checked our run in, we have some tricky little games left: we've still got both 'Manamecca City' and Arsenal to come, but they're both at OT thankfully. I'm sure we'll bounce back in the next game, but Liverpool were a class apart today. Of course, our usually reliable defence having an absolute 'mare didn't help much: one to consign to the rubbish bin for Vidic! Still, one stinker of a performance is allowed every now and then, they're only human, after all!

This result will most likely mean nothing come May, and we can present Liverpool with Trophy No.19: 19 years since winning the League, that is. Oh and just to remind them: they've NEVER won the Premiership!

As for the CL? I really can't see past anyone except Barcelona, but people would be idiots to write us off after just one bad performance...

I have a question about European places that hopefully someone can help me with...
Top 4 CL, 5th UEFA obviously then:
FA cup winners,
League Cup winners
Fair play winners (sometimes)
Assuming Spurs get the league cup spot what will happen to the FA cup spot if both finalists are going into the CL?
For example Man U play Chelski again - who gets the spot? Does it go to semi-finalist. Last season might give us some clues.
Just trying to figure out how Everton are going to get into Europe cos despite being 10 points clear in 6th Villa have denied us our usual 5th spot this season.

Well I'm guessing it will go to the team who wins an Intertoto place, and the team below that will get Intertoto. That seems the logical thing to do...

This is where the European Cup Winners' Cup would have cleared it up a bit.

I was completely down after today, but coming on here cheers me up, just because of the people who are so smug about it and quite obviously jealous of our success. We're hated, adored but never ignored. We're 4 points clear and thats a FACT, we've got a game in hand and thats a FACT, we've won 2 trophies already and thats a FACT, our rivals have none so far and thats a FACT, the scouse thought we'd never get near 18 and that's a FACT, we're not classless fans who make aeroplane gestures and that's a FACT, we're in the race for 5 trophies and thats a FACT, we're English, European and World Champions and that's a FACT.

Enough facts for you? I could go on. Since Rafa's rant, we've had 27 points compared to their 16, cracked up, I think so.

As for the game, utter humiliation, just disbelief at it really. Horrible day, and bad performances throughout the team. We really shouldn't be losing to them at all, never mind 4-1. But oh well, still 4 points clear with a game in hand, and I know whose position I'd rather be in.:)

I was completely down after today, but coming on here cheers me up, just because of the people who are so smug about it and quite obviously jealous of our success. We're hated, adored but never ignored. We're 4 points clear and thats a FACT, we've got a game in hand and thats a FACT, we've won 2 trophies already and thats a FACT, our rivals have none so far and thats a FACT, the scouse thought we'd never get near 18 and that's a FACT, we're not classless fans who make aeroplane gestures and that's a FACT, we're in the race for 5 trophies and thats a FACT, we're English, European and World Champions and that's a FACT.

Enough facts for you? I could go on. Since Rafa's rant, we've had 27 points compared to their 16, cracked up, I think so.

As for the game, utter humiliation, just disbelief at it really. Horrible day, and bad performances throughout the team. We really shouldn't be losing to them at all, never mind 4-1. But oh well, still 4 points clear with a game in hand, and I know whose position I'd rather be in.:)

Ha, well said Phil! Well, it's Fulham away next and I'm sure you remember what happened last time we played them... :)

That's what I don't get about you. You claim to be a Real Madrid fan primarily, but call Utd 'Manure' at every opportunity. Why? If anyone should be slinging names around, it should be Man Utd at Madrid, because they keep trying to use us as some kind of feeder club! I mean, I 'sort of' followed Inter Milan back when Paul Ince was with them, but I never referred to AC Milan as 'the scum', or anything like that...

What? I just said its not that difficult to concede four goals to Liverpool, and now you have done it, despite having the best defender in the Premier League (thats what they say).

To be fair it wasn't a 4-1 game. Liverpool were just lucky as usual.

barmyarmy added 1 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Well I'm guessing it will go to the team who wins an Intertoto place, and the team below that will get Intertoto. That seems the logical thing to do...

I'm not sure that has a great deal to do with it!

Another small little FACT. You have lost twice to Liverpool this season, home and away, conceding 5 goals in the process.

Wow didn't know you played for Manchester United.
Fans are part of a club.

Another small little FACT. You have lost twice to Liverpool this season, home and away, conceding 5 goals in the process.
Your point being? I hate losing to them, but I love winning trophies more. We lost twice to City last season, but that was more than made up for by doing the league and european cup double.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread