English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I think I'm starting to understand now, cheers Joe:cheers. Where are all the football fans in the North West congregating to watch the Champions League Final? I don't want to miss out on having a laugh with the scouse mates as we watch the penalties of United vs Liverpool. We could even jokingly sing "Who are ya" to each other and do a friendly "EASY!" if we win. Also, the losers (although I use this term loosely as its the taking part that counts) have to buy everyone else a drink. Sounds like a jolly good night to me.

It's played on the lefttttt
It's played on the rightttt
We all love football
So let's not fight.

Good stuff Fulham! Always liked Fulham, always will, and just maybe they've given Liverpool a sinff of the title. Still a big game tomorrow, and I think there will be just one goal in it.

A very good day for my fantasy team, but a **** day for my team, Bristol City, who threw away points again (Just like at Derby and Birmingham, as well as at home to Cardiff last week). No promotion for us this year...

I don't want Liverpool to win the title, I don't want United to win the title and I don't want Chelsea to win the title. I'm not very fond of any of the above three teams. I want us to win it every year but that's not going to happen for quite some time. As for who wins it I don't really care because whoever wins it deserves it in the end.

I understand the rivalry, obviously. But care to point out where I've said I want Liverpool to win the league? I've stated on at least 2 ocassions that I want United to win the league, but for the excitement of the game I want the season to go down to the wire. Not that hard to work out is it?

Yeah I know Dan, Joe has pointed out the incorrect nature of my ways. I'm gonna be a neutral too now:). Maybe we could have a neutral club where we don't hate anyone. We all love football! And Man City! And Leeds! It's the excitement that keeps me going too, I don't really care if Liverpool win the league now.

I would join this club if the loving Man City bit was cut out. Joke club. Joke players. Joke fans.

evertonfan added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

It is for some people by the looks of it. I used to think that Liverpool-Everton is a mild rivalry anyways. Guess I was wrong, but then dont really care.

It's about as mild as being shagged in the arse by purple Aki.

It is for some people by the looks of it. I used to think that Liverpool-Everton is a mild rivalry anyways. Guess I was wrong, but then dont really care.
Big myth.

I could point out quite a few incidents from the past few years, going on what I've seen on the TV and reports afterwards. The spitting at Phil Neville at Anfield. The socks with excrement in them being thrown by Liverpool fans this season at Goodison. And in the league encounter, Everton fans making Hillsborough gestures. Friendly rivalry it is not.

It has nothing to do with this thread but Gavin Henson is a massive prick.

Anyways I was hoping Arsenal would lose today just to give Villa a boost for tomorrow. Villa are so out of sorts now though that i don't see it.

Newcastle will stay up too. Everyone is making out that their run in is really hard but I don't think it's as tough as people make out.

Due to I don't know who (one of United/Sky/Premier League) we've now got Villa on the Sunday 5th at 4PM, before Porto on Tuesday night at 7.45PM, despite it being said initially that it would be on Saturday if we were to play on the Tuesday. Wonder if Benitez will still come out with comments about us controlling the fixture list?

Due to I don't know who (one of United/Sky/Premier League) we've now got Villa on the Sunday 5th at 4PM, before Porto on Tuesday night at 7.45PM, despite it being said initially that it would be on Saturday if we were to play on the Tuesday. Wonder if Benitez will still come out with comments about us controlling the fixture list?
Every fixture time has to be agreed by the clubs in question, the Premier League, the TV company, and the local police before it is set in stone.

United (and Villa) put on their websites before the draw that if we drawn to play on the Tuesday, then it would go back to Saturday dinner time.

From the website "United's home match against Aston Villa in the Barclays Premier League will still take place on Sunday 5 April at 16:00 GMT, despite the Reds being drawn to play on Tuesday 7 April in the Champions League quarter-finals.

It was previously thought, and advertised, that the Villa match would be brought forward to the Saturday if United's Champions League tie fell on Tuesday. However, we can now confirm that the games will be played a little more than 48 hours apart."

I don't see how United can change it now, when people might have bought tickets yesterday thinking they could make it on the Saturday. Plus, only just over 48 hours preparation for a key European game is a bit wrong in my opinion. Oh well, will be interesting to see Fergie's priorities.

I don't give a feck about United losing, all I care about now is that we somehow can manage to survive this season. I am going to be so gutted if we go down. The stupid thing is, anyone down from Man City at 12th can realistically get relegated. Been a good season so far. Oh and Rooney does show what an ill disciplined chav he is. Seriously you can give the chav all the money he wants, he is still an ill disciplined, 'effing animal inside.

Last edited:
Ref completely bottled it with Rooney's red, he'd lost control and let ronaldo get to him. With a few seconds left you'd think a bit of common sense would be in order. Should have been Ronaldo off not Rooney.

Oshite needs to get dropped he's been awful for weeks, also berbatov needs to be dropped as he hasnt turned up in the last few games.

Ref completely bottled it with Rooney's red, he'd lost control and let ronaldo get to him. With a few seconds left you'd think a bit of common sense would be in order. Should have been Ronaldo off not Rooney.

Oshite needs to get dropped he's been awful for weeks, also berbatov needs to be dropped as he hasnt turned up in the last few games.

I think Sir Alex missed a bit of a trick today: Tevez and Rooney were awesome against Fulham in the Cup, they just couldn't handle them. Surely we should've started with them today, not just for the psychological angle, but also as you said, Berbatov hasn't turned up for the last few games?

It was a terrible first half, the worst half I've seen from Utd for quite some time. Much better in the second half, but again, we just didn't take our chances!

Just read that Chelsea lost against Tottenham. Well, that's one good thing to happen today, all we need now is a miracle at Anfield tomorrow (Aston Villa actually managing to sneak a point...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread