English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but that kit is the absolute bollocks. Quality shirt and I don't care if it's 50 quid i'm still having it. Awesome kit.

I'm sorry but that kit is the absolute bollocks. Quality shirt and I don't care if it's 50 quid i'm still having it. Awesome kit.

I'll need to see it for myself to be sure, I often change my mind about a kit once I see it up close.

Good result for England, not a bad performance either, especially the first half. Second half, we allowed them back into the game, but 5 out of 5, the end of their unbeaten streak and - apart from Rio, who hopefully won't be too bad - no injury problems to bring back to their clubs.

Pure grit and determination by John Terry to scramble the ball in the net...

On a serious note...nah, can't be arsed. Good win though.

Decent win. Things will go wrong soon enough, then the media will turn and that will be the real test for Capello. By the way I loved the way he turned a question about how good Gerrard is into how good Rooney is.

He was calling Shearer a fool. Good move by Shearer. He can't do any worse than get them relegated and if he somehow keeps them up, he'll receive all he plaudits. Can't help but think he's done that deliberately.

Should have got David May.
He's a superstar.

and he's got more medals than Shearer.

Decent win. Things will go wrong soon enough, then the media will turn and that will be the real test for Capello. By the way I loved the way he turned a question about how good Gerrard is into how good Rooney is.

Why should they go wrong? Capello is bit by bit, turning Wembley into a fortress and England into a team that are very hard to beat. 'The mark of a good team is to be able to win when not playing at their absolute best', well England are becoming like that. Something needs to be done about James though. He looked very uncomfortable and could easily cost us big-time in a major tournament. (Yes, I know Rooney could as well, but unlike Calamity, he's a proven match winner at International level).

And before Mr Vaughan starts about 'his' Spain beating England, everyone is entitled to an off-day every now and then. And as I said, we had plenty of chances of our own that we just didn't take.

You wanna talk about things going wrong?

Sky Sports | Football News | Match Report | Bolivia v Argentina - 1st April 2009

Now, that's what I call going wrong! Honeymoon over eh, Mr Maradona?
And Brazil aren't looking too clever, either.

I mean, Argentina. Getting beaten by Bolivia is bad enough, getting a comprehensive defeat by them is worse, but having your arses well and truly handed to you by them? That's just plain embarrassing! :happy

MasterBlaster76 added 4 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Should have got David May.
He's a superstar.

and he's got more medals than Shearer.

I wonder if Shearer ever, privately, deep down regrets that strange decision he took to turn Utd down. Not once, but twice! I'm positive we would've had at least one more League title and one more CL to our credit if he'd signed. Ah well, his loss. Such a great player and what did he ever win?

Oh and did I mention:

Bolivia 6 - 1 Argentina. Sorry to keep mentioning it, but it sounds so good! :D

In fairness, it was something like 3500 metres above sea level. Around 700 more than FIFA's regulations (that stadium has a special exception). They were top quality on Saturday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread