English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy St.Totteringham's Day

We're always near the bottom of the MotD running order unless we lose :D

Best time of the season. The last 2 weeks have been amazing last Sunday he results were 2-2 3-2 and 3-2. This week we have games like this. It will only get better as it goes closer to the end.

That's 19 goals in the last 4 meetings between us and Villa.

And I was at Villa Park today and I can officially confirm that Villa have the worst fans in the world and Ashley Young is a dirty horrible little diver. Well coached by the greatest player in the world (tm) it seems.

That really was an awful dive, couldn't believe it when Mark "Token" Bright said in the analysis that "there was contact". It was very minimal and even that was only because Young moved his leg towards Hibbert.

PFA Player of the Season shortlist;

Rio Ferdinand
Steven Gerrard
Nemandja Vidic
Edwin Van Der Sar
Cristiano Ronaldo
Ryan Giggs

Joke list. Absolutely ridiculous. Have they even seen the likes of Lampard, Van Persie and Jagielka play this season? The Ryan Giggs one takes the piss as well. Don't get me wrong I love him, but he's only there because he's old. The only ones who i'd say truly deserve to be there are Gerrard and Vidic.

:D Thought this might wind some up.

I actually agree with you on Giggs, he's been fantastic, but he hasn't played that many games.

Ferdinand, I actually think is a better defender than Vidic, although hasn't been this season (because Vidic's been immense). Perhaps been injured too much so maybe he shouldn't have been nominated. Van Der Sar, 15 clean sheets in a row, so he deserves a nomination at least. Ronaldo, although he hasn't been the player he was in 06/07 and 07/08, he's still the league's joint top scorer, definitely deserves a nomination.

Now on to the others. Although he deserves a nomination, it'd be a joke if Gerrard won it. In truth he hadn't had that great a season until February/March. Jagielka was shown up when playing for England in Spain if I remember correctly. He has the Barry syndrome, where people think he's amazing because he hasn't joined one of the "top 4". Van Persie's a good shout, quality player, just checked how many he'd played and he's actually played more than I'd thought he had. Lampard's got his quota of deflected goals as per usual.:rolleyes: Anelka might have been worth a shout too.

Jagielka is awesome, even if he was poor for England. He's been quality this season for Everton and definitely deserves to be up there. Schwarzer in for Van Der Sar aswell.

That's 19 goals in the last 4 meetings between us and Villa.

And I was at Villa Park today and I can officially confirm that Villa have the worst fans in the world and Ashley Young is a dirty horrible little diver. Well coached by the greatest player in the world (tm) it seems.

Yeah, after the first 16 minutes even when it was 0-0 Villa were quiet as. Everton score and all you hear is the everton fans for nearly the rest of the match until Villa start to come back. Good game though.

Lolz, Jagielka got rinsed on one occasion by the best striker on the planet (Villa) who had also run rings around the rest of the England team so yeah, of course he doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the nominations.

Phil don't be so one-eyed. Lampard has been absolutely incredible this season.

Jagielka is just one for the people who want representation from teams outside the "top 4". Same with the Barry brigade. They'll cry injustice and favouritism towards United, Chelsea etc, he must be amazing because he's so underrated (the irony being that these people are overrating them). Same with Schwarzer now too, yes he stands out at Fulham, and yes he's had a decent season, but are you honestly telling me he's had a better season than a man who kept 15 consecutive clean sheets?

As for Lampard, well, I can see how he would be nominated and wouldn't mind too much, although I still maintain a hell of a lot of his goals come from deflections.

Lamprads deflected goals are still goals for his team which would not have been scored has Lampard not had a go in the first place. Whether or not they were deflected. If you followed a team who wasnt in the Premier you would learn to take goals no matter how they come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread