English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jagielka is just one for the people who want representation from teams outside the "top 4". Same with the Barry brigade. They'll cry injustice and favouritism towards United, Chelsea etc, he must be amazing because he's so underrated (the irony being that these people are overrating them). Same with Schwarzer now too, yes he stands out at Fulham, and yes he's had a decent season, but are you honestly telling me he's had a better season than a man who kept 15 consecutive clean sheets?

As for Lampard, well, I can see how he would be nominated and wouldn't mind too much, although I still maintain a hell of a lot of his goals come from deflections.

Simple answer; yes, in my opinion.

At least you half admitted Lampard being up for nomination, which I guess will do. I can't understand your philosophly really against players that aren't in the top four. The jist of your post definitely reeks of "Top Four must have all nominations" which is completely wrong.

:D No! Your attitude is the one that I'm getting at! That if you think the top 4 players have been the best then you must only watch the top 4 play and must be racist/sexist or any other card that can be used.

I just go on merit, if a player outside the top 4 plays well I'll say so. But often, if a player outside the top 4 is doing well, then he gets snapped up by someone in the top 4. Quite simple really.

Van Der Sar has been excellent the season barring one or two games. I'm not going to say Schwarzer should be in there and use him as a token like other people have done.

:D No! Your attitude is the one that I'm getting at! That if you think the top 4 players have been the best then you must only watch the top 4 play and must be racist/sexist or any other card that can be used.

I just go on merit, if a player outside the top 4 plays well I'll say so. But often, if a player outside the top 4 is doing well, then he gets snapped up by someone in the top 4. Quite simple really.

Van Der Sar has been excellent the season barring one or two games. I'm not going to say Schwarzer should be in there and use him as a token like other people have done.

Your first paragraph didn't make much sense to me...

Fair enough on the second paragraph though, not exactly what I think, buy generally. He doesn't necessarily get snapped up by someone in the top 4 however good they are. If it is on season performances then the only chance for them to be snapped up by the Top 4 is in January, and they aren't always the best option for the Top 4 or what they need. It's the only time for them to snap them up until the Summer, which is after the miraculous season. This doesn't make much sense whatsoever, so if you don't get it then I don't blame you. :D I'm just trying to say that if a player has a mesmerizing season, then they deserve to be in the nominations despite not playing for a Top 4 club. If they deserve to go to a top 4 club after that season, then they will move in the Summer, after the award.

Schwarzer has had 12 clean sheets, which is quite remarkable considering who he plays for. His defence has to keep calling upon him to make some amazing saves, which he pulls off alot of the time. Despite having 7 clean sheets less than Van Der Sar, Fulham have only conceded 7 goals less than United and that is mainly due to Schwarzer. I think Schwarzer has been more indispensable to Fulham this season than Van Der Sar is to United. I also think Schwarzer has had more pressure to deal with but has stepped up and made some crucial saves, like Van Der Sar. I'm not saying Van Der Sar has had a poor season, he's been quality, it's just that I rate Schwarzer's season up there alongside his, and that either of them could of been nominated.

That's just it though, you're saying Schwarzer just because he stands out at Fulham. It needs to go to who has been the better player, and although Schwarzer stands out more than VDS at their respective clubs, VDS has been the better player.

That's just it though, you're saying Schwarzer just because he stands out at Fulham. It needs to go to who has been the better player, and although Schwarzer stands out more than VDS at their respective clubs, VDS has been the better player.

No, just no. :D

Ah, we'll just agree to disagree?

Trying to think about that has really messed me up. I'm comfortable with agreeing to disagree, but if you disagree to agree, I think that means there is still some conflict at the end, whereas the first answer is a lot more amicable. I'm confused. And worried that the Scouse might actually do it at Chelsea now:(.

I just like the sound of agreeing to disagree better because then at least you're in agreement and seem like you're in the right. But disagreeing to agree makes you seem unnegotiable.

lolcech! I wish they'd stop making a big fuss about Gerrard missing the game as well. It's not like he played in the first leg is it? And Jim Beglin is so unbelievably biased.

Yep, once again the media show their neutrality by putting in a pundit from the army of ex-Liverpool ones. What's wrong with David 'Good evening everyone' Pleat?

Was gonna say that too. If Kenny Dalglish and Phil Big Nose Thompson were doing this commentary it would be less biased. You would think Chelsea are a foreign team. They've got their tongues that far up their arse they can taste their breakfast.

Oh its "the spirit of Istanbul".:rolleyes::mad:

Definitely post-Mourinho they seem to be promoted above other known bottlers (Spurs/South African cricket team) to the top of bottling. Champions League final, they couldn't even win the last game of the league season last year to put the pressure on us, losing to Barnsley in the FA Cup after United, Arsenal and Liverpool had been knocked out, and even in various semi-finals against the scouse during Mourinho's time.

They had better not fully bottle this one in the second half.:(

PhilD123 added 18 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

Hahaha that is brilliant, great keeping Reina:D. Hopefully that will shut Tyldesley and Beglin up a bit too, I can feel the moisture from under their commentary desk here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread