English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, why didn't Tevez take one? He was on the pitch, surely? What about Scholes? Or the Brazilian kids? Brazilians are usually good at pens. I mean, Rio and Vidic (immense, the pair of them) taking our second and third pens?? Macheda would've wanted to take one if he was still on, I'm pretty sure of that.

As far as the 90mins was concerned, that's much more like the old Utd. The defence was immaculate and there was some good attacking play going forwards. Add Rooney, Ronaldo and Carrick to the mix and we should be fine for the rest of the season.

It was always going to be too much to ask to win the lot and the FA Cup was always going to be the fall guy (out of the tournaments left, of course otherwise it'd be the Carling Cup).

Edit: Oops, forgot about the FA Cup thread... :o

Last edited:
I hate being a Newcastle fan at times :( just have to hope Boro, Hull, Blackburn and Sunderland all have a rubbish run of form and we win a few games on the trot. At least Martins looked pretty good for us yesterday and the defence seemed to do pretty well. If only we could have had Shearer earlier. Owen was crap though, the sooner he leaves the better. He has no heart for playing at Newcastle. Personally I would go with three up front with Martins, Viduka and Carrol/Ameobi

I hate being a Newcastle fan at times :( just have to hope Boro, Hull, Blackburn and Sunderland all have a rubbish run of form and we win a few games on the trot. At least Martins looked pretty good for us yesterday and the defence seemed to do pretty well. If only we could have had Shearer earlier. Owen was crap though, the sooner he leaves the better. He has no heart for playing at Newcastle. Personally I would go with three up front with Martins, Viduka and Carrol/Ameobi

It's looking pretty bad for you guys now, isn't it? I really don't think Shearer will make much of a difference, whether you had him now or earlier. Still, good luck avoiding the drop, Newcastle belong in the Premiership.

What's the difference between Newcastle and Alan Shearer?

Shearer will be on MOTD next season.:D

Humph. You can keep cracking the jokes, at least our fans aren't all glory hunters who never even go to games ;)

Cheers though MB76, I can't imagine us having to play against teams in the Championship. It wouldn't feel right :noway At least we might win a trophy though :p

Ha ha, who cares for off-side? Arshawin you are a darling. Get back to Sparatk, you moron.
It is going to hurt Liverpool, for sure.

How many decisions did Webb want to give Liverpool's way? Great game though. As long as we didn't lose, the result didn't really matter. Arshavin did nothing all game but score 4. What a player :D

So, it turns out 3 of our best 5 defenders potentially f***ed up our season.... Interesting.

Nah Arsenal were good, they kept out all the pressure we applied and Arshavin, some brilliant strikes there.

Arshavin, what a player. Amazing game. Fair play to Arsenal, reminiscent of that famous Newcastle-Liverpool game.

The mian thing is level on points with 2 games on them now :D

Спасибо Андрей Аршавин
Thank you Andrei Arshavin;)

:D:D:D:D:D:D

What a game that was! Ideally Arsenal should have held on, but I'd have taken a point before the game, we just need to win tomorrow now.

Serves Pool fans right for thinking they would just blow us away. I know United fans are cocky, arrogant twats but at least they know we'll give them a game.

Glad to see an even mix of Liverpool-Arsenal in the Sky Sports Box...

Don't know why Chelski decided not to sign Asharvin. He's better than any of their forwards.
LMAO at Liverpool 8 goals in a week against Chelski and Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread