English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both sides' defending was absolutely shocking tonight.

Arsenal's was far worse than Liverpool's, out of the four goals that were conceded, only one should've actually happened (Torres' second). The other three were just down to unbelievably shocking defending. It's as though Arsenal were doing their damndest to lose the game!!

Still, great result for us! Liverpool might be top, but we now have two games in hand. All things being equal, we should find ourselves six points clear once again in a few weeks and that'll be game over. We could even afford to lose a game, or draw a couple and there are only two games I can see giving us any problems: Man City and Arsenal, both at Old Trafford. Having said that, City have been rubbish recently, but they will want to have their little say in where the title goes...

Serves Pool fans right for thinking they would just blow us away. I know United fans are cocky, arrogant twats but at least they know we'll give them a game.

Glad to see an even mix of Liverpool-Arsenal in the Sky Sports Box...

Arsenal will give us a game, but the difference is we will not defend like Liverpool did, not with Vidic and Rio playing the way they are now.

Gerrard was trying to put a brave face on things, saying that this could be a big point, but he knows, even if it's only deep down, that it's two big points dropped. But what a game!!!!!

Note to Sir Alex for tomorrow? Tevez and Rooney up front and Macheda on the bench. Berbatov doesn't even deserve to be on the bench for that piss-poor display and even worse penalty on Sunday. I'm really beginning to thing Sir Alex made a mistake with him and we should offload him in the summer and move Heaven and Earth to sign David Villa, maybe with Berbatov as a makeweight. He just has not reproduced the form he showed at Spurs, nowhere near it.

Yeah, but we'll have Adebayor/Van Persie for Bendtner.
Clichy for Gibbs
Almunia for Fabianski
Djourou for Silvestre if we're lucky

against United.

Yeah, but we'll have Adebayor/Van Persie for Bendtner.
Clichy for Gibbs
Almunia for Fabianski
Djourou for Silvestre if we're lucky

against United.

It's going to be an amazing couple of games, that's for damn sure.

Edit: Was Arsenal's fifth 'goal' really offside? Looked kinda close to me...

Listening to the punditry, you'd think that Liverpool's defence was the one making mistakes. We did make a few errors with our defenders missing ourselves you know.

And WTF with the incredibly one-sided punditry lol?

Happens whenever a current player comes in, it's pointless.

Hope we can get a win tomorrow, Portsmouth are still in need of points so it'll be fair from easy.

Listening to the punditry, you'd think that Liverpool's defence was the one making mistakes. We did make a few errors with our defenders missing ourselves you know.

And WTF with the incredibly one-sided punditry lol?

It wasn't really one sided at all tbf. And despite the fact that Arshavin took his chances extremely well, were it not for shoddy Liverpool defending he wouldn't have any real chance at all.

Didn't see a reply of the last one that was aid to be offside, but one earlier I didn't think was offside.

Feelin Blue? added 2 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Didn't see a reply of the last one that was said to be offside, but one earlier I didn't think was offside.

Happens whenever a current player comes in, it's pointless.

Hope we can get a win tomorrow, Portsmouth are still in need of points so it'll be fair from easy.

True. I think they'll either grab a draw (noooooo) or we'll thrash them and restore the goal difference balance of power to our advantage.

It wasn't really one sided at all tbf. And despite the fact that Arshavin took his chances extremely well, were it not for shoddy Liverpool defending he wouldn't have any real chance at all.

If it wasn't for Arsenal's awful, never mind shoddy defending, Liverpool would've had their arses handed to them.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

Hope Liverpool let us score 4 goals against them when we play them :p

Yeps, that'd be fun to watch!!!! :D :D :D

You know what the history between Liverpool and Newcastle's like, don't you? They tend to be high scoring affairs. Is it at Anfield or St James'?

We might actually be first on MotD! :eek:

Of course they'll spend 10 minutes talking about unlucky Liverpool and comment on how 'Arsenal are on an unbeaten streak or something. Next game' like they did on Sky Sports.

Plus, it wasn't that good a game from a technical point of view. Worse defending FROM BOTH SIDES than in the CL Qf between Chelsea-Pool

Didn't see a reply of the last one that was aid to be offside, but one earlier I didn't think was offside.

Feelin Blue? added 2 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Didn't see a reply of the last one that was said to be offside, but one earlier I didn't think was offside.

It was a bit dubious, but I think on balance it probs was offside, though I think the first goal that was not dissalowed was pretty obviously onside.

Of course they'll spend 10 minutes talking about unlucky Liverpool and comment on how 'Arsenal are on an unbeaten streak or something. Next game' like they did on Sky Sports.

Plus, it wasn't that good a game from a technical point of view. Worse defending FROM BOTH SIDES than in the CL Qf between Chelsea-Pool

Is MoTD on tonight? What time?

Edit: Oh, it's 11.00pm, if it was on we've missed it.

Yeps, that'd be fun to watch!!!! :D :D :D

You know what the history between Liverpool and Newcastle's like, don't you? They tend to be high scoring affairs. Is it at Anfield or St James'?

I dunno, these last few matches I am going to be watching from practically inside my pint glass, I am going to be so nervous. It's at Anfield btw

They'll probably just say, and oh here's the goals from yesterdays games and put you on for a couple of minutes :D Met a couple of Arsenal fans after the Porto game, class lads, trying to go to OT with them :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread