English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Originally Posted by evertonfan
You're on. Because he'll be suffocated by his own ego before he has the chance to score 5."

Sorry Lee, but there's a clear winner here.;)

You just know he's gonna score against us in a couple of weeks now. Greasy nobhead. And Lee I said before he gets to 5. Not 5.

Although neither of us has won the bet. He's scored 2. So both mine and Evo's predictions are wrong.

In the case of people not getting the exact figure, generally the closest prediction wins, so at the end of the day, you lose.... Harsh but true.

What was the bet anyway? Damn you, Bentley. He's got all the makings of a 20 goal a season man.

I'll ask Ben to say he won't score 5, he normally makes the opposite happen.

Yep, I'll be supporting Man U tomorrow. The more teams in the lower half of the table that lose the better our chance of survival is (kind of stating the obvious)

2-0 win do you? It'll do us, top again, three points clear and a game in hand. But we really should've nullified Liverpool's goals advantage as well tonight, it really should've been another Ipswich effort. Our finishing was absolutely dreadful, but other than that, it was a really good performance, the buildup play was amazing at times, defensively we looked ok, but the finishing just wasn't there tonight. Still, we have got a few more opportunities to bolster the goals scored column if necessary.

Also, we've now collected another load of defensive injuries at right back, again! What's going on with our right backs this year, every few weeks one gets injured!

Chelsea are out of the game now as well, great result for Everton at the Bridge and it should give your boys a lot of confidence for the Final, evertonfan especially if Moyes did rest some players tonight. Chelsea are six points behind and they've played a game more. I was surprised that Everton managed to hold Chelsea to a 0-0: a score draw would've been less surprising.

Those "fans" (only a minority, but still enough to be heard) who booed Berbatov tonight, go and support Chelsea. Embarrasing.

Those "fans" (only a minority, but still enough to be heard) who booed Berbatov tonight, go and support Chelsea. Embarrasing.

Sounds like Tevez might leave Utd this summer. Can you blame him? Every time he comes on for us, he leaves it all out there on the pitch, yet Sir Alex continues to leave him out for those big games, instead preferring Berbatov. I hope he doesn't go, but I wouldn't blame him at all if he does.

When Tevez was in awesome form at the beginning of the season, he didn't get a game. And then when he really dipped in form and starting playing a bit poorly, he's a regular starter. A bit annoying.

Sounds like Tevez might leave Utd this summer. Can you blame him? Every time he comes on for us, he leaves it all out there on the pitch, yet Sir Alex continues to leave him out for those big games, instead preferring Berbatov. I hope he doesn't go, but I wouldn't blame him at all if he does.
I know Berbatov hasn't either, but Tevez really hasn't had that great a season himself, and he's played in a fair few games (especially recently).

No reason to boo your own players anyhow, there's never a reason for that.

Steve Clarke's Scottish! I assumed he was a Cockney all these years.

I know Berbatov hasn't either, but Tevez really hasn't had that great a season himself, and he's played in a fair few games (especially recently).

No reason to boo your own players anyhow, there's never a reason for that.

That's true.

What do you think of Berbatov, Phil? Do you think he should be given more time to bed in at Utd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread