English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal deserved win there. That was totally dominant football. Good to see Arshavin almost settled himself there. I just read his interview in Russian news paper, according to which he wants to play rest of his life for Arsenal. Ah these drunken Russians.
Current Arsenal's form clearly suggest that there won't be any contest next week in champions league. :p

vaibhav mehta added 1 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

Nah mate, you say it like this;

LOLSPURS!

My bad, LOLSPURS! Now you have it, yah. :D

Yes concurred, as it resulted in the first goal spurs and Harry Redknapp will no doubt have a big moan about how the referee ruined the game for them (and tbh it was a shocking decision), but the bottom line is they conceded 4 perfectly good goals so its not like they were totally cheated out of this, and Man Utd dominated the second half both before and after the penalty.

Exactly. It wasn't a penalty, but for Spurs to then turn round and state that it's why they lost, rubbish! If we'd have just sneaked the game, then fair enough. But we didn't. We went on to destroy Spurs and I think we would've done with or without the penalty. Spurs just don't learn! They've forgotten the lesson they should've learnt at this match:

We are Tottenham, we are Tottenham, Super Tottenham from the Lane!
We are Tottenham, we are Tottenham, Super Tottenham from the Lane!
Did I tell you about the time we faced Man U at the Lane?
It was a great game, really enjoyed it, except the second half as I'll now explain:

We are Tottenham, Super Tottenham, we were three up at half time.
But we blew it and we lost 5-3, Super Tottenham from the Lane!

(Tune: We are Sailing).

:D :D :D :D :D :D

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

Arsenal deserved win there. That was totally dominant football. Good to see Arshavin almost settled himself there. I just read his interview in Russian news paper, according to which he wants to play rest of his life for Arsenal. Ah these drunken Russians.
Current Arsenal's form clearly suggest that there won't be any contest next week in champions league. :p

vaibhav mehta added 1 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

Hmm. Maybe you didn't see Arsenal's defending against Liverpool? That was easily some of the worst defending I've ever seen since I started watching football seriously back in 1986. That's saying something!

2 of United's goals shouldn't have counted tbh. For the 2nd goal (I think), Rafael climbed all over one of the Spurs attackers, the ref was right next to the incident, went to blow his whistle, then stopped, then went to blow it again and then signalled play on. Was a ridiculously poor decision considering his placement and the fact he saw it clearly. At least with the penalty his view was somewhat impeeded, but that was a clear foul that wasn't given, with the advantage leading to the United goal.

The penalty really turned the game as well. United looked dead and buried until the penalty decision, which seemed to revitalise them and somehow knock some sense into them. Without that penalty decision, I seriously doubt United would have formed such a comeback.

I'm not that bothered though tbh, I'd rather see United win the title than Liverpool or Chelsea, and that result moves them closer to doing so.

In more important news. Injuries ftfl. Jags out for the rest of the season and needing surgery on his knee. Means we're probably going to have to play Yobo in the FA Cup final. Eugh.

We were playing well before the penalty, we still had half an hour left, we scored 5, take away 2 and that's still 3-2. Now if you'd like to get onto analysing the decisions that wrongly went Liverpool's way yesterday, we'll all be happy.:)

Didn't see the Liverpool game, so can't comment. I didn't think United really looked like producing anything special until the penalty decision tbh. The penalty going in just seemed to light a spark in the side, and that's when the goals started to come. I seriously doubt that United would have won without that penalty decision to get them going. But that's just the way I saw it.

Hmm. Maybe you didn't see Arsenal's defending against Liverpool? That was easily some of the worst defending I've ever seen since I started watching football seriously back in 1986. That's saying something!

And I also have seen Man U playing against Tottenham before penalty other day. Arshavin is just too good for you. :p

At the end of the day United won and they got the three points. That's that. They were robbed of a penalty against us last week yet people soon forgot about that as soon as United get a dodgy one. You'd have thought fans would have realised by now that every ref in England is absolutely shocking.

Or a Englishman pretending to be Scottish ;)

Thank God, Arsenal beat 'Boro. I had a horrible fealing they might slip up and put Newcastle in more shite. A bit annoyed that Blackburn beat Wigan, but I think 'Boro, Hull and Sunderland are the three people we need to do badly now. I'm going to be a nervous wreck in the pub tomorrow when we play Pompey. I just hope Shearer has worked some magic on them :upray

And I also have seen Man U playing against Tottenham before penalty other day. Arshavin is just too good for you. :p

No.1: Our defence can withstand any attack on their day.
No.2: Feel free to correct me anyone, but isn't Arshavin illegible for the CL game? :p :p :p

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

At the end of the day United won and they got the three points. That's that. They were robbed of a penalty against us last week yet people soon forgot about that as soon as United get a dodgy one. You'd have thought fans would have realised by now that every ref in England is absolutely shocking.

That's true, I'd completely forgotten about that one. And the one that we didn't get was more important as it probably would've got us to the Cup Final, if Tevez had taken it; going by the rest of our penalties that day, it might have been saved if taken by anyone else. This penalty that we got against Spurs was simply one goal in five.

Nah, you are right. The biggest advantage for Man U will be absence of Arshavin though still Arsenal just too good for you guys. :p

What, just because they've beaten us once this season? Cast your mind back to the last time we played Arsenal in a vital semi-final...

I speak of 1999, in case you're confused. :)

Edit: And remember that Arsenal are outsiders to win the CL, whereas Utd are second favourites...

Last edited:
What, just because they've beaten us once this season? Cast your mind back to the last time we played Arsenal in a vital semi-final...

I speak of 1999, in case you're confused. :)

Edit: And remember that Arsenal are outsiders to win the CL, whereas Utd are second favourites...
Last two times.:D 1999 and 2004, both in the FA Cup, both at Villa Park and both very memorable days for United.:D Scholes winner in 2004, in a great atmosphere at Villa Park when United weren't having the best of it in the league against an Arsenal side who went undefeated in the league!

I'm nervous for Wednesday, we can't let them score I don't reckon, score draw would be a disaster (although 0-0 wouldn't be all that bad). Still, we need to get at them to see if their defence is as fragile as it was last week (sure they'll be thinking the same too).

How can they say on MOTD that "Mascherano was already falling" and just shrug it off? I've never seen a more blatant dive. And I've seen a lot of Ronaldo...

Last two times.:D 1999 and 2004, both in the FA Cup, both at Villa Park and both very memorable days for United.:D Scholes winner in 2004, in a great atmosphere at Villa Park when United weren't having the best of it in the league against an Arsenal side who went undefeated in the league!

I'm nervous for Wednesday, we can't let them score I don't reckon, score draw would be a disaster (although 0-0 wouldn't be all that bad). Still, we need to get at them to see if their defence is as fragile as it was last week (sure they'll be thinking the same too).

Ooops, forgot about 2004 :o I'm really looking forwards to it, I think both teams will really tear it up! I agree though, we need to stop them from scoring if we can, but I reckon it'll be football's equivalent of a slug-fest either way.

How can they say on MOTD that "Mascherano was already falling" and just shrug it off? I've never seen a more blatant dive. And I've seen a lot of Ronaldo...

Indeed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread