English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that felt weird having a decent stint on MotD. 2-0 to United would make it extremely unlikely for us to win the tie but a score draw would be brilliant.

I reckon we should have Nasri in Arshavin's role seeing as RVP's injured but he'll most likely play left with Fabregas playing there which doesn't totally suit him. I think it'll be:

Almunia - GK

Gibbs - LB
Djourou - LCB
Toure - RCB
Sagna - RB

Song - LDM
Denilson - RDM

Nasri - LM
Walcott - RM

Fabregas (c) - AM

Adebayor - CF

4-5-1

--------+--------

-+---+---+---+-

--------+------
-----+---------
-+---------+--
-----
+---------

---------+-----

Last edited:
The lack of Jagielka, Rooney and Lampard in the PFA Team of the Year amazes me. How a guy that's only made 12 starts this season can win player of the year is incredibly strange as well. Can't say I agree with that at all. I'd have gone with:

GK: Mark Schwarzer/Edwin Van Der Sar

RB: Glen Johnson
LB: Patrice Evra
CB: Nemanja Vidic
CB: Phil Jagielka

RM: Cristiano Ronaldo
LM: Ashley Young
CM: Steven Gerrard
CM: Frank Lampard

ST: Fernando Torres
ST: Wayne Rooney

Rooney has been class this year and so has Lampard (top bloke for calling that DJ out on being the ****** he is as well). Happy for Giggs to win though, legend.

and the refs decision was shocking on Saturday, Palacios should have been sent off for sure.

Patrice Evra's had his worst season at United. Why is he in the team?

Agreed about Evra actually which may come as a surprise. He's been brilliant in the previous two seasons and in the first half of this one too, however, since January or so, he's looked the weak link in our defence, Lennon in particular giving him a lot of trouble. Hopefully he'll step it up a bit from now until the end of the season.

A lot of people are running around saying that it's a 'disgrace' that Giggsy won the award. Well, I'm delighted he's won it! The only 'disgrace' is that he hasn't won it in earlier seasons!

It's not a disgrace, but you can't honestly believe he deserves the Player of The Year 2009 award? 12 starts, 12 Sub appearances, 1 goal and 8 assists, hardly record breaking figures. I like Ryan Giggs alot, but he shouldn't have won the award this year. Lifetime Achievement award yes, but Player of The Year, definitely not.

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter does it? I don't think any player has stood out that much this season. Congratulations Giggsy, true definition of the word legend which gets banded about far too much. However, I think he'll be more bothered about getting his hands on his 11th league title and his 3rd European Cup winners medal.

PhilD123 added 38 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

The 10 dodgiest penalties awarded at Old Trafford - and, surprise surprise, each one went Manchester United's way | Mail Online

Jesus. How ridiculous can this get? For a start, one of them (the United 1 Boro 0) one, we didn't get a pen and Boro did. A note to say the United 3 Boro 1 FA Cup game was my first United game.;)

How long are these peoples' grudges held for?

Liverpool have had 8 penalties this season, we've had 4. They've had 8 people sent off against them this season, we've had none.

I might be slightly drunk at the moment, but who the feck can balme me. Martins and Viduka need to be shot. We could have won that 2 or 3 - 0. Instead, only a bloody point, due to both of them being rubbish. The only upside was a pint was ?1.20 but bloody hell I think we are going down now :(:(:(

They were talking on the radio about Newcastle doing a Leeds and how Viduka and Smith had left after Leeds went down. Guess where they both ended up!
Seriously I'd be gutted as a football fan to see Newcastle go down - they have a massive support base and bring a huge amount to football for me. Another point they were making earlier was what a dismal time it is to be a fan in the Northeast. Newcastle, Boro, Sunderland and Hull all looking like relegation candidates. Toon-Boro in 2 weeks will be even bigger than usual...

A lot of people are running around saying that it's a 'disgrace' that Giggsy won the award. Well, I'm delighted he's won it! The only 'disgrace' is that he hasn't won it in earlier seasons!

Indeed he should have won it before, however, one gets the impression that the only reason he has picked it up this time round is to compensate for that fact, for as KP has suggsted, it seems a bit of a farce to grant the award to a player who has started less than 15 matches all season, regardless of how good they are.

sledger added 1 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

They were talking on the radio about Newcastle doing a Leeds and how Viduka and Smith had left after Leeds went down. Guess where they both ended up!
Seriously I'd be gutted as a football fan to see Newcastle go down - they have a massive support base and bring a huge amount to football for me. Another point they were making earlier was what a dismal time it is to be a fan in the Northeast. Newcastle, Boro, Sunderland and Hull all looking like relegation candidates. Toon-Boro in 2 weeks will be even bigger than usual...

Though I quite like Newcastle, I have to say that it will be hilarious if they end up relegated, and they will have only themselves to blame, if I were Mike Ashley I would be getting increasingly worried for my own personal safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread