English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll come back up with ease. Nobody in the Championship will enjoy going to St. James' Park. Still, for the size of club they are they shouldn't be down in the Championship in the first place.

Who's gonna go down then?

1) WBA, Boro, Newcastle
2) WBA, Boro, Hull
3) WBA, Newcastle, Hull

I'm hoping it's scenario 3 and if Boro win next week, I reckon it will be.

Hopefully 1 for me (as long as it isn't by Hull beating us on the last day). Boro for some reason really annoy me, they seem pointless, awful stadium, awful town, awful fans and players who only seem to turn up when they play United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

Shearer taking Newcastle down would be good too.:D

It would be nice to see Hull after they beat us in the Play-off final last year, but on the other hand I'd also like them to stay up. I think it will be West Brom, Boro and Newcastle that go down. I wouldn't be surprised if the Boro-Newcastle game finished in a draw.

They'll come back up with ease. Nobody in the Championship will enjoy going to St. James' Park. Still, for the size of club they are they shouldn't be down in the Championship in the first place.

I remember a lot of people saying the same thing about Leeds a few seasons ago.

The bookmakers have made us second favourites to return to the Championship as Division 3 winners. :eek:

Even so, it's not been called Division 3 since the 80's. I've always known League One to be Division 2, not 3. Division 3 used to be what's known as League Two.

Even so, it's not been called Division 3 since the 80's. I've always known League One to be Division 2, not 3. Division 3 used to be what's known as League Two.
League One is just a cushioning name for it. It makes the teams in it feel better than they should.

Premiership = Division 1 (but I still call it the Premiership)
Championship = Division 2 (but I still call it the Championship)
League One = Division 3 (I refuse to call it League One)
League Two = Division 4 (I refuse to call it League Two, no way should the lowest level of English league football be called League TWO!)

No.

Premier League
-----------------------------------------
Division 1- Championship
Division 2- League One
Division 3- League Two.

Unless you were born in the 1960's or 70's, then you'd have never been around during the days of the Premiership being called Division 1. The Premier League is a completely seperate entity, and not directly affiliated with the Football League. It's still part of the League system, with teams getting promoted and relegated between the Premiership and Championship, but the sponsors are different, the money is different, the exposure is different and the quality of football is different. The Premier League should no longer be referred to as "Division One", and no-one else refers to it as "Division One".

No.

Premier League
-----------------------------------------
Division 1- Championship
Division 2- League One
Division 3- League Two.

Unless you were born in the 1960's or 70's, then you'd have never been around during the days of the Premiership being called Division 1. The Premier League is a completely seperate entity, and not directly affiliated with the Football League. It's still part of the League system, with teams getting promoted and relegated between the Premiership and Championship, but the sponsors are different, the money is different, the exposure is different and the quality of football is different. The Premier League should no longer be referred to as "Division One", and no-one else refers to it as "Division One".
I know that but in the league system, the Premiership is the top of the tree, so it is on a par with Division One.

Norwich will be in Division 3 next season, that's all I know.

I know that but in the league system, the Premiership is the top of the tree, so it is on a par with Division One.

Norwich will be in Division 3 next season, that's all I know.

I know what you mean, it feels like Div 3, doesn't it? All the names around you are Div 3 names. It's a shame, neither you, nor Southampton, nor Charlton belong in that league and I hope you recover quickly.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

I remember a lot of people saying the same thing about Leeds a few seasons ago.

Exactly. Once you go down into the Championship, unless you come straight back up, it can become like quicksand.

Best football manager ever?

Vic Akers. 31 major trophies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread