English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If any of our rivals beat Everton 6-1 like we did, I would have pointed out the mistakes and there were plenty of them. 6-1 looks good. It wasn't a magnificent performance from us, Everton were just nowhere near their best and missing their spine of Arteta and Jagielka which was a huge bonus for us. Still, the boys are feeling confident and I can't wait for Tuesday.

It's still obvious we need another defender. I mean, look at our bench ffs. Silvestre is our back-up! He's a year older and he's not getting any better. Injuries will kill us as they always do if we don't get suitable back-up.

Vermaelen was very solid. He got stuck in and more than held his own in the air against Fellaini and Jo which was very impressive. I also read that, during Cesc's first goal, Vermaelen was seen telling our back-line to push up but I didn't see it myself. He's a natural leader.

As for MotD, their dislike for us could not be more obvious. Only they could watch a team win 6-1 and not say a single positive thing about us. Plus, why is Alan Shearer still a pundit? He left to go keep a team up and failed. Is there seriously no-one better than him?

Anyway, we'll see where we are after 6 games but we could not have asked for a better start.

Chelsea = jammy gits. Still, if you're going to miss the sort of chances Hull missed, at Stamford Bridge of all places, you're not going to win many games.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

He is a blue and he hates atleast one Munich

Prat. You should be ashamed. :noway

1 up.

Valencia is looking dangerous, but then again, this is Birmingham. :laugh

Rooney is the best player on the picth!

The Tottenham game should be very good. If Gerrard and Carragher are out then it could be a struggle.

Can't wait until the champions league starts as well. Im predicting the British teams going far and knocking out the likes of Inter Milan or Real Madrid who even though have signed stars I don't see them challenging Liverpool, Chelsea or United in Europe!

Valencia is looking pretty good, just needs to work on his final touch.

Yeah Valencia certainly has potential to be very good player

Oh dear Utd looking very vulnerable here. This performance will certainly not put fear on other teams. Although Ferdinand and Vidic are out they should restore some order at the back when they return

Still I look at the United team and IMO there missing one world class player

Last edited:
1 up.

Valencia is looking dangerous, but then again, this is Birmingham. :laugh

But then again, he always looked dangerous against us for Wigan...

Whether they should be or not is a different thing. But it is a fact that they are called that by a lot of people.

Right, so if a lot of people jumped off London Bridge, you'd do the same would you? Idiot.

Yeah Valencia certainly has potential to be very good player

Oh dear Utd looking very vulnerable here. This performance will certainly not put fear on other teams. Although Ferdinand and Vidic are out they should restore some order at the back when they return

Still I look at the United team and IMO there missing one world class player

Valencia is going to be a huge success. Owen looked sharp, nice finish for the offside 'goal', good save by Hart for the other chance, maybe he should've tried to go round him. Still, Owen/Rooney showed some very good moments. Rooney himself was immense - eight attempts, five on target! Berba looked more on it as well. Defence looked very shaky, but then again, we've had the heart of it torn out - Vidic and Ferdinand. Foster looked a lot better today - crucial save from him. Ryan Giggs had some great moments as well - he's still got it and Scholes' shooting looks crisper than it has done for quite a while.

So, three points, that's the main thing, but it's annoying we're going to have to spend a few days at least behind City/aka The Bubbleheads (that's my new name for them). So called because some of them actually think they can win the league and I'm not just talking about the fans either. :D

Gerrard's going to line up against Spurs. What a surprise - he pulls out of a midweek England game - again - and shakes off the injury by the weekend. Again. Capello should make it clear that he can't pick and choose the England games he plays in. Even if he did have an injury, it seems to happen far too often for England midweek games and then clears up by the weekend. You can't see Rooney doing that, can you?

As for missing Ronaldo, I don't agree. We were all over Birmingham and it could easily have been three or four nil - it should've been at least three - nil: Fletcher's woeful miss at the end of the first half and Owen's chance towards the end. And what was that Birmingham player doing on the line for Berba's chance? That's where goalkeepers are supposed to be, not defenders! Someone should tell him. :p ;) :D

It looks like Ben Foster has got over his little howlers and put in a solid performance, I think we performed a lot better than we did most games with Ronaldo. Shame we only got the one goal though.

Stunning strike from Assou-Ekotto! Liverpool look seriously poor, and deserve to be down at half-time. Thankfully Reina is on top form and Keane's shooting is abysmal otherwise it could be two or three. Liverpool will have to pass it a lot better in the next 45 if they want to take anything from the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread