English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How were they jammy? They absolutely slaughtered Hull. Winning in stoppage time isn't jammy; everyone does it. Were Teddy and Ole jammy in 99? No, didn't think so.

There was nothing lucky about either of our goals in '99, but Chelsea's goal was meant to be a cross from a very tight angle as Drogba himself admitted, so yeah, it was jammy. Both teams fought until the end, but that's where the similarities end. Not to mention the fact that Hull missed at least two great chances - not half chances. And of course, for the second week in a row Chelsea get the benefit of a rubbish refereeing decision - Drogba's goal was never a freekick. :sarcasm

Not a bad weekend all told. Three points for us; Rooney on fire, Liverpool lose and Chelsea's defence looks very shaky against...Hull. And before anyone starts, we were missing both our frontline centre backs today, hence the slightly dodgy defence against Birmingham.

They're saying just now on SSN that the loss of Alsonso would prove to be crucial to Liverpool's chances as well.

Fair enough we didnt play well today, Tottenham deserverd to win.

Im still not worried though its only 1 game into the season with 37 to go! I still think Liverpool can easily beat the top four its just the games like these against spurs or Fulham we need to perform.

I still think Man Utd are vulnerable to be honest even both centre backs where out. Arsenal look good but then you never know with them. Chelsea look solid. Tottenham will be better than Man City this season

Debth of squad will be Liverpool's biggest problem this season. I mean look at the Liverpool bench today. I would suggest that there are at least 15 teams with better subs benches than that in the Premier League. Liverpool look a long way from challenging for the title this season.

Thought we were alright. 3 points is always good for united this early. Fletcher and Owen should have added to it really.

Get in Spurs. Liverpool seriously need Aquilani to be a good buy.

Our bench is a concern

Aquilani was a pretty bad buy 20 million for a guy whos probably just worth half that and they bought an injured player. Where was the thinking there?

Should of really gone for Villa and Silva they would of came especially with several Spanish players and staff at Liverpool

Our bench is a concern

Aquilani was a pretty bad buy 20 million for a guy whos probably just worth half that and they bought an injured player. Where was the thinking there?

Should of really gone for Villa he would of came especially with several Spanish players and staff at Liverpool

Villa is worth a lot more than ?20mil, which is something Liverpool can't afford. We'll have to wait and see how Aquiliani does when he gets back to full fitness. Who knows, he could be absolutely sensational...

Villa is worth a lot more than ?20mil, which is something Liverpool can't afford. We'll have to wait and see how Aquiliani does when he gets back to full fitness. Who knows, he could be absolutely sensational...

I doubt it. Liverpool would have easily got 30 million plus for Villa trust me on that

Our bench is a concern

Should of really gone for Villa and Silva they would of came especially with several Spanish players and staff at Liverpool

Yay! Then Arsenal can be the French club of the Premiership and Liverpool can be the Spanish Club :p

Well not really two Spanish players have left in Arbeloa and Alonso. That leaves Torres, Riera and the Manager

Van der Sar, Hargreaves, Ferdinand, Vidic and many more out. Transfer market, Sir Alex. Now!!! Only two weeks to play with, so get a move on...

I doubt it. Liverpool would have easily got 30 million plus for Villa trust me on that

They don't have ?30mil, that's the point. They've used up all there money on Johnson and Aquiliani, meaning they only had around ?40mil to spend in the first place. After buying Johnson there was no way Liverpool could afford to buy Villa as well.

They don't have ?30mil, that's the point. They've used up all there money on Johnson and Aquiliani, meaning they only had around ?40mil to spend in the first place. After buying Johnson there was no way Liverpool could afford to buy Villa as well.

They got 30 Mil for Alonso and the owners have got another loan out which probably ain't a good thing but we definitely have the funds to have bought Villa. Easily would have bought him. Money is not the issue their

Still not right, Owen in the shirt.

You're pathetic mvaughan.

Nice one Spurs. :D

Real Madrid and Barcelona both were willing to offer upto 45 million, and still failed to land Villa, so I dont know how Liverpool would have got him for 30 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread