English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that Abram doesn't change his mind about only offering Cole a year and ?30,000 a week. I also hope that Cole doesn't just want money and goes to City.

A combo of Cole, Carrick, Scholes, Anderson, Fletcher, Hargreaves, Park, Nani, Giggs and Valencia sounds pretty damn good.

Love to see him at United.

Anderson should be solid i reckon. He has failed to step up.

Well that's what any budding manager wannabe, FM freak would do.

Thank God we've got a manager whose patience has no limits with young players.

Look at how Nani got his confidence and form back this season.

Well that's what any budding manager wannabe, FM freak would do.

Thank God we've got a manager whose patience has no limits with young players.

Look at how Nani got his confidence and form back this season.

Nani currently is in the phase Ronaldo was in between 2003/04 to 2005/06. Which is alot of inconsistency but showing glimpses of this great potential. Whether Nani has a breakthrough season like Ronaldo's in 2006/07 is yet to be seen, but Nani is safe for now. I expect him to step up.

But with Anderson, what really is his role?. United bought him as an attacking mid-fielder. The times he has played that role he hasn't really looked the part. Plus he has been played in deeper mid-field roles & his defensive game hasn't been impressive either.

So with Hargreaves future unknown & Scholes & Giggs surely with just ONE season left of them (cant see those two playing beyond next season). United need some new central mid-fielders to back up Carrick & Fletcher ASAP. The likes of Gourcuff, M Sissoko, Y Toure, Keita interest me the most.

Nani currently is in the phase Ronaldo was in between 2003/04 to 2005/06. Which is alot of inconsistency but showing glimpses of this great potential. Whether Nani has a breakthrough season like Ronaldo's in 2006/07 is yet to be seen, but Nani is safe for now. I expect him to step up.

But with Anderson, what really is his role?. United bought him as an attacking mid-fielder. The times he has played that role he hasn't really looked the part. Plus he has been played in deeper mid-field roles & his defensive game hasn't been impressive either.

So with Hargreaves future unknown & Scholes & Giggs surely with just ONE season left of them (cant see those two playing beyond next season). United need some new central mid-fielders to back up Carrick & Fletcher ASAP. The likes of Gourcuff, M Sissoko, Y Toure, Keita interest me the most.

Anderson WILL be a quality player in the future. I hope its at United. He needs an extended run of games. It's easier for Giggs and Scholes to come in every couple of games and do a job than a young man who lacks expierience.

Have patience.

Anderson WILL be a quality player in the future. I hope its at United. He needs an extended run of games. It's easier for Giggs and Scholes to come in every couple of games and do a job than a young man who lacks expierience.

Have patience.

I'm sorry sir, but i cant agree. ATM i think he will be another Kleberson. Even Dunga has dropped him Brazil team. I defiantely think he should be sold in the summer.

I'm sorry sir, but i cant agree. ATM i think he will be another Kleberson. Even Dunga has dropped him Brazil team. I defiantely think he should be sold in the summer.

The fact Dunga has dropped him doesn't mean anything. HE picks LUCAS! Theres only one other idiot that does that. And he's a fat spanish waiter. Dunga is a ████ manager.

The fact Dunga has dropped him doesn't mean anything. HE picks LUCAS! Theres only one other idiot that does that. And he's a fat spanish waiter. Dunga is a ████ manager.

:laugh. Funny

But seriously. I dont see how you can say Dunga is a crap coach my friend. Brazil have been doing quite well under him, equal world cup favourites with Spain (although most would have Spain ahead of them still). The fact that he doesn't pick Anderson means alot, since it follows Ferguson not picking him due to fact the fact that Anderson has failed to perform in the role as a defensive mid-fielder for club & country. ji Sung Park in the recent champions league game vs Milan performed a far better central-midfield role than Anderson has in a VERY long time.

Last i checked Lucas doesn't get picked for Brazil either in their most recent squad. Seehere. I can't see him making their WC squad either.

:laugh. Funny

But seriously. I dont see how you can say Dunga is a crap coach my friend. Brazil have been doing quite well under him, equal world cup favourites with Spain (although most would have Spain ahead of them still). The fact that he doesn't pick Anderson means alot, since it follows Ferguson not picking him due to fact the fact that Anderson has failed to perform in the role as a defensive mid-fielder for club & country. ji Sung Park in the recent champions league game vs Milan performed a far better central-midfield role than Anderson has in a VERY long time.

Last i checked Lucas doesn't get picked for Brazil either in their most recent squad. Seehere. I can't see him making their WC squad either.

He's only 21. Look how Rooney and Ronaldo came on between 21-24. He just needs a chance.

He's not that bad!!!! Kleberson was an awful signing - never did a thing at Utd, whereas Anderson has had some very good games. I'd give him a little more time.

He's only 21. Look how Rooney and Ronaldo came on between 21-24. He just needs a chance.

But at least both of them where showing super potential even if was inconsistent at that age. As i mentioned before Anderson has really showed that at this stage enough.

He was bought as an attacking mid-fielder & has sturggled in that role. Then he was given a chance as a defense-midfielder for both club & country has has struggled in the role. His ineptness in that role was awfully exposed in Champions League final vs Barcelona.

The central mid-field needs solidity. As i said next season United are only sure about Carrick/Fletcher, while Park has showed he can play in centre well.

Scholes & Giiggs could very well be poor next season & its likely to be their last. United can go into next season 100% certain that they still will be solid. Plus Hargreaves is still unknown.

So ATS i cant see the sense in keeping Anderson with so much unknowns.

MasterBlaster76 said:
He's not that bad!!!! Kleberson was an awful signing - never did a thing at Utd, whereas Anderson has had some very good games. I'd give him a little more time.

Well yes he wasn't as bad as Kleberson. Anderson indeed has had a few good games, but those where a longgg time ago now probably since 07/08 season. ATM he is on the road to becoming a flop like Kleberson - another overated talent just because he is Brazilian.

True, but as others have said, he's young. If he's had good games in the past, it proves that he's got something about him. It's not a case like Michael Owen who had good games in the past, but has been so badly affected by injuries that he's simply not the same player anymore. He should still be blasting past defenders the way he could when he was 18 or 19, but due to all the injuries, although he's actually only 29 (or so), he's more like a mid thirties player.

But can United afford to wait next another season for him to step up, given all the question marks over the mid-field depth?

I really dont think so. I'd say he has until January 2011 to do something or else he has got to go.

He's only 21. He'll be given plenty of time, just as young players are at Man Utd.

He's certain to at least be an important squad player here in the future, whether he can iron out his inconsistency issues and hold down a regular place in the side like Fletcher has remains to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread