English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
358qww2.jpg

WHAT A GAME AT THE COTTAGE!!!!!

Fulham were simply brilliant. Zamora and Duff were exceptional. I've not seen a more one sided game even against 10 men in the Premiership, let alone Europe.

All Juventus did was foul. They don't defend. They do what all Italian sides do. Wrestle, kick and slash the opponents. Canavaro deserved to go off , if not for the foul he was sent off for, then because of the fouls he got away with. There was only ever going to be one side that won that. My god has Serie A become a second rate competition on the evidence of their European performances.

Simply amazing stuff, Fulham! I didn't give them a prayer after the first leg, but boy have they done the Premiership proud! Serie A is pathetic these days!

Great effort by Fulham in their match against Juventus. I just caught the highlights of the match before and it was a very deserving win for them and with a performance like that who would underestimate their chances to win the trophy!?

What Roy Hudgson is doing at Fulham is nothing short of a miracle. :hpraise

A bit silly to make judgements about a whole league based on a match where one team played their reserves and got a couple of men sent off.

I mean didn't Inter knock out Chelsea a few days earlier?

Nontheless, it's about time Hodgson's talent has come to the attention of our stinking media.

He was working wonders abroad before he joined Fulham and wasn't even considered as a candidate for the national team job.

What a joke.

Too bloody right. We looked comfortable even when you had 70% possession until we decide to throw you the ball so that you can tap it in and ultimately make sure you weren't going home empty handed. Time for a new manager, new captain and a new team. I expect wholesale changes in the Summer.

YIPEE!!! :banana2:banana2 Very happy today, we finally beat Liverpool after 3 defeats. Great performance by the team overall. Rooney was lucky to score the goal after Reina had brilliantly saved his penalty and then Park made his presence felt by scoring the winner. Great run by the Korean international to score the header. Torres should have been sent off but anyways we have won and now the pressure is on Chelsea.

Chelsea yet to travel to White Hart Lane, Anfield and most importantly Old Trafford. Hopefully they lose some points today.

Too bloody right. We looked comfortable even when you had 70% possession until we decide to throw you the ball so that you can tap it in and ultimately make sure you weren't going home empty handed. Time for a new manager, new captain and a new team. I expect wholesale changes in the Summer.

According to my dad who was watching the game, you guys were lucky it wasn't 3-2 to us, the way you were playing in the second half. Still, a draw is a draw, I'm not complaining when 2-0 down at half-time

What a day for Man Utd! We stop the rot against Liverpool and to cap it all, Chelsea trip up at Blackburn, which I was expecting. Now, the match at Old Trafford takes on even more importance - a win for us could provide real breathing space. We have a few tricky games coming up - notably Chelsea at Old Trafford (although Chelsea's away form appears to have gone out of the window) and also a trip to Man City. Away games at Blackburn and Bolton are also coming up.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

YIPEE!!! :banana2:banana2 Very happy today, we finally beat Liverpool after 3 defeats. Great performance by the team overall. Rooney was lucky to score the goal after Reina had brilliantly saved his penalty and then Park made his presence felt by scoring the winner. Great run by the Korean international to score the header. Torres should have been sent off but anyways we have won and now the pressure is on Chelsea.

Chelsea yet to travel to White Hart Lane, Anfield and most importantly Old Trafford. Hopefully they lose some points today.

Which they did! :happy

According to my dad who was watching the game, you guys were lucky it wasn't 3-2 to us, the way you were playing in the second half. Still, a draw is a draw, I'm not complaining when 2-0 down at half-time

We were lucky it wasn't 3-2 after you scored but at 2-0 we were dealing with everything you threw at us. Had Gerken kicked that ball instead of thrown it to Gutierrez we may have just won the game 2-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread